Anybody know where to dive in Guatamala?

Organize buddy teams, plan shore and boat dives, organize charters... make it happen here!
lostnbrownsmead
Avid Diver

Anybody know where to dive in Guatamala?

Post by lostnbrownsmead »

Hello Everybody. Does anyone know where to dive in Peurto Quetzal Guatamala? We will be staying there for two days and I need to get wet. I tried to find diving in Golfito Costarica but no luck. Went for a fourty mile bike ride instead. Costarica is a very pretty country with lots of birds and many butterflys. I understand that northern Costarica has some great diving but that is 8 hours away by bus and Drakes bay you have to fly there and Cocos island is 300 miles off shore so no diving there (tried to talk the captain into a visit but no luck, Hmm maybe next captain)

Jay
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

HA HA HA =D>

Poor Jay he is in a strange exotic land and cant go diving with out his best
friend and dive budy namely me

that will teach you

tell the skipper i say
GO CAPTAIN YOU THE COMANDER

no idea where to tell you to check out bro.

have you thought about trying a shore dive find a little cove or maybe you can find a local dive shop in the area to hook you up with,

keep us posted and take lots of pictures

Still land locked here so I know how you fell

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, NOPE, Guata....what??? Just joking, but I can honestly say the thought has never even crossed my mind.....until now that is....

:book:
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Jay :
I tried doing a search for you and I came up with nothing

have you tried checking the P A D I site they may have a shop in the area or maybe on dare i say it S- board there are a couple divers from that part of the world I think maybe they could recomend a spot.

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Jay, I was in Guatemala a couple years ago. I don't remember there being good diving options there which is why I opted for the Jungle adventures instead (even though I had my dive gear handy, coming from Mexico). If you have time, I suggest going to Tikal and checking out some of the Mayan ruins. Also, there is some great caving in Belize.

I did some diving off of Costa Rica, you can read about that here.

Also, visit my photo gallery for the visual aspects of these trips, the aquatic photos are towards the back.

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I hope the info is still useful. :salute:
lostnbrownsmead
Avid Diver

Thanks Calvin

Post by lostnbrownsmead »

Thanks Calvin, If and when the ship pulls in to Peurto Quetzal it looks I will be dry again. I will probably go to Antigua for the day. But who knows, I might still find diving :prayer: I need to get wet.

Jay
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Jay:

Any idea what date youll be back home?
I need to get wet real bad I have not made one single dive after we went to the Hood Canal
I know thats sad but this over time and the remolde is killing my diving

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man