Is it time to update the Weekly Dives thread?

Announcements and updates about the site
spatman
I've Got Gills

Is it time to update the Weekly Dives thread?

Post by spatman »

Hey folks,

I've noticed that we haven't seen any MMM threads in a few months and Jeremy's comment about MMM makes me wonder if it is no longer a recurring event. If so, shoud we archive the listing?

I've also seen ThThTh come up quite a bit lately. Is this regular enough to warrant a listing in the Weekly Dives thread?
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: Is it time to update the Weekly Dives thread?

Post by Nwbrewer »

spatman wrote:Hey folks,

I've noticed that we haven't seen any MMM threads in a few months and Jeremy's comment about MMM makes me wonder if it is no longer a recurring event. If so, shoud we archive the listing?

I've also seen ThThTh come up quite a bit lately. Is this regular enough to warrant a listing in the Weekly Dives thread?
MMM is sort of dead. Most of us doing the dives were only doing dive 1, and after a few months of just the same 4-5 people we've been organizing it offline. (just lazy) As things calm down with the end of summer I hope to start posting up again and getting some more people out.

Jake
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
McGlencoe
Dive-aholic

Post by McGlencoe »

The only thing I would say about the ThThTh dives is to stop calling it South Sound, it's more like mid-Sound... :neener:
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Nwbrewer wrote:
spatman wrote:Hey folks,

MMM is sort of dead. Most of us doing the dives were only doing dive 1, and after a few months of just the same 4-5 people we've been organizing it offline. (just lazy) As things calm down with the end of summer I hope to start posting up again and getting some more people out.

Jake
so if you are organizing it off line whats the point of keeping it open and active ? isnt the point of MMM to be inviting divers to dive and meet up? Offline invites are private dives... and this club is about diving and asking others to dive with you ..
MMM has been long gone , Matleycrue is gone, fishtiq is gone, and many of others ..So if no one is able to take up the leadership of the monday night diving i suggest what Spatty is asking..My 2 PSI
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

I'd be sad to see it go, but I'm not Mattley or Fishtiq, and without them it's just not the same. I still do MMM with or without folks showing up, and whenever someone posts up asking for a big buddy I'm happy to give them the nickel tour of the Muk and I'm usually a sucker for filling folks' tanks and bringing them to the beach if they ask nice. But whatever. Stick a fork in it. When the time is right, we'll get the energy and enthusiasm to start the next best thing.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

:bounceline:
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Ok, I moved the MMM into an archive. If/when you guys are ready to get things going, let me know and I'll reinstate it.
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

I sent Tom Nic a PM many, many moons ago asking about whether the Thursday dives should be included in the weekly dives. The Thursday dives weren't occurring publicly and/or often enough back then to get them listed though. It would be cool to get them listed imo. Although I do have a question regarding the name..... What does ThThTh stand for? MMM is Monday Mukilteo Madness, and WWW is Wacky Wednesdays West. ThThTh just looks like....Thursday Thursday Thursday. Does it actually have its own abbreviation, or is it just a parody of the other names? Or is it a mistake? Figured this was as good a place as any to ask :neener:
KneeDeep
Submariner

Post by KneeDeep »

Mortuus wrote: Although I do have a question regarding the name..... What does ThThTh stand for? MMM is Monday Mukilteo Madness, and WWW is Wacky Wednesdays West. ThThTh just looks like....Thursday Thursday Thursday. Does it actually have its own abbreviation, or is it just a parody of the other names? Or is it a mistake? Figured this was as good a place as any to ask :neener:
Though no official naming scheme was chosen... it kinda started here http://www.nwdiveclub.com/viewtopic.php ... Th#p238747
The ocean is a lousy teacher. First you get a test, then the lesson.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Thursday Three-tree Therapy