I've Got Gills

Re: Hijacks and off-topic posting

Postby Pez7378 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:51 pm

Two against one! I think we can take him! :axe:

spatman
I've Got Gills

Postby spatman » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:48 pm

Pez7378 wrote:Hey wait a minute there Mr. Spatman, aren't YOU a moderator?

hm, good point...

ARRR! MUTINY! Image

Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Postby Joshua Smith » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:47 pm

spatman wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:From now on, I'm asking for everyone to honor any request to *not* hijack, distract, change the topic of, fondle, or otherwise abuse, innocent posts that are genuinely aimed at gathering knowledge and information

aha! a loophole!

PREPARE TO BE BOARDED, YE SCURVY MODERATOR! Image

Do your worst- I loves me some good hijack!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."

Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Postby Pez7378 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:46 pm

spatman wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:From now on, I'm asking for everyone to honor any request to *not* hijack, distract, change the topic of, fondle, or otherwise abuse, innocent posts that are genuinely aimed at gathering knowledge and information

aha! a loophole!

Hey wait a minute there Mr. Spatman, aren't YOU a moderator?

Sorry, I just had to "cop a feel".

spatman
I've Got Gills

Postby spatman » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:40 pm

aha! a loophole!

Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Postby Pez7378 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:20 pm

Yes sir....sorry.

Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Hijacks and off-topic posting

Postby Joshua Smith » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:56 pm

Attention- all members, new and old. This is an announcement regarding our long tradition of idiotic, distracting banter. We have, pretty much, since day one, been very accommodating towards posts that have nothing whatsoever to do with the original post. Some of the finest thread hijacks on the internets have been born right here, on this site. I for one, am proud of this fine tradition.

However, it has been brought to my attention that not everyone has the same attention span as me (chihuahua smoking crack) or love of extremely witty, inspired humor.....oops....that last part should have read "ridiculous, immature, distractions." I mis-typed it, somehow.

From now on, I'm asking for everyone to honor any request to *not* hijack, distract, change the topic of, fondle, or otherwise abuse, innocent posts that are genuinely aimed at gathering knowledge and information.

I hope that the people who want to keep *every* thread on this site completely serious, and laser-focused on attention to detail, can understand that......well.......it ain't gonna happen. But I want the merry band of thread-jacking pirates to use some discretion, too. (You know who you are!)

If someone feels that a particular thread is going "off the rails", please try asking the people involved to stop whatever they're doing to ruin the thread for you. If that doesn't work, PM myself or one of the other mods, and we'll take a look at it.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."

Return to “General Info”