put in a pic

Need help with a site function? Looking for a how-to? Have a request for a new feature? Welcome to geekville.
jOetheDIVR2
Just Settling In

put in a pic

Post by jOetheDIVR2 »

how do i upload a picture or avatar as it is called in my profile have a few Jpegs but it say files is to big
Alexitt
Submariner

Re: put in a pic

Post by Alexitt »

Any image editing software will let you change the image size... I think it has to be around 300 pixels for the upload to work for an avatar size... Once you get it to a size that will work "save a copy as" not the original to a folder for upload... Hope that works for ya...
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: put in a pic

Post by Norris »

You can even use something as simple as Paint from your OS. Open the picture in paint and then click Image at the top and then resize/reskew. You will see that the resize shows Horizontal 100% and Verticall 100%...change those numbers accordingly to how much you want to shrink it i.e. I want this image to be 50% of what it is now...
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**