How to Ignore Me

Need help with a site function? Looking for a how-to? Have a request for a new feature? Welcome to geekville.
spatman
I've Got Gills

How to Ignore Me

Post by spatman »

...or anyone else whose posts you don't care to read and skip over, anyway.

Let's be honest. Many forum (and internet) users wish there was a way to filter out the rabble that clutter their screen, making their browsing experience less than ideal. Let's suppose I'm really tired of skimming past Josh's treatises on aspic molds, and just want to never see his posts again.

There is a way to do that on NWDC. In your User Control Panel, the opposite of your "Friend" list is your "Foe" list. Adding a user to your Foe list will hide their posts from view, much the same as the old Ignore button in the previous version of the forum's software.

I encourage people to try it out. Let us know if it works for you and makes your time here more enjoyable.

add foe.png
foe post.png
foe post.png (11.29 KiB) Viewed 4184 times
Geek
Pelagic

Re: How to Ignore Me

Post by Geek »

I saw the title to this thread but there is no post visable, I wonder why that is?
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Geek wrote:I saw the title to this thread but there is no post visable, I wonder why that is?
another satisfied customer!
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

Spatty--Did someone comment? I'm not seeing anything between your first and last post.

;)
Kelly
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

Who are you n geek talking to?
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

I must be narcd, why is waynne talking to himself?
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

All I see is "blah blah blah." Can someone (anyone?) who doesn't ignore him tell me what Matt's post said?
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Wow, what will they think of next. Until now I'd been sticking my fingers in my ears and saying LA LA LA LA. Say, anybody got some extra cash laying around, there is this guy in Africa that needs a little help moving some money around.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

Sounder wrote:All I see is "blah blah blah." Can someone (anyone?) who doesn't ignore him tell me what Matt's post said?
He said something about free beer and taco's but don't invite sounder... something along those lines :stir:

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

blah blah blah
Gooch
Submariner

Post by Gooch »

That's a great idea- the "post anonymizer"-- folks you don't care to hear about get a voice like the teacher from Charlie Brown---"Wha-wa, wa-waa-wa-wa. Wan-a-wana wa...." I already have a voice filter like that for Matt on my Iphone so I can snicker as he talks...
http://nwdivers.me/blog/ Original articles and dive reports from local divers in the Vancouver, WA area. Suggestions for stories or your own reports are welcome!

Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

This thread is making me laugh! If I ignore all the mods, can I keep breaking the TOS?
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

Pez7378 wrote:This thread is making me laugh! If I ignore all the mods, can I keep breaking the TOS?

Been working for me :angelblue:

Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I think Spattie needs a new avatar ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/