Unable to Login from Torch

Need help with a site function? Looking for a how-to? Have a request for a new feature? Welcome to geekville.
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Post by ArcticDiver »

Back to the Login problem on my Torch. Not sure what is going on.
-Received email I had a PM
-Clicked on link in email
-logged in and got the "you are logged in" screen.
-Clicked on User Control Panel. It went to the "Need to Log in to view..." screen.
-After that it was Circular.

-Went to regular log in. Same thing. Says I'm logged in but then every time I click on the New Message link I'm asked to sign in again.

Works just fine from a regular Netbook, this one, which is a Gateway with Windows 7 Home Premium.

???
The only box you have to think outside of is the one you build around yourself.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Unable to Login from Torch

Post by Norris »

Cookie issue?
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Post by ArcticDiver »

Don't think so. It accepts all cookies and popups (default setting)
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Post by ArcticDiver »

Just tried again. I entered the information for login. It went back to the login screen with no error messages or any indication anything was wrong. Just acted as if I had done nothing.
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Post by ArcticDiver »

Tried again. This time the machine is stuck on the "You have been successfully logged in" page with the next page "Loading" frozen at the bottom of the screen.

Clicked on "Board Index" and am back to the Index page but not logged in.

Attempted log in again. It says I'm logged in and the Index page is displayed.

Clicked on User Control Panel and I'm back to the page that tells me I have to log in to use the User Control Panel.

Sonething is obviously not correct. Usually I can sign in and use the site just fine from the Torch. But, twice now I haven't been able to. When I'm not it usually lasts for days. Maybe something in the maintenance cycle?
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Post by ArcticDiver »

OK, since I'm just getting ready for a garage sale I'm in the experimental mood this PM.

I flushed the Torch to be sure nothing was hanging over in its' memory somewhere.

Last notice I got about a PM had a link in it, just like always. I clicked on the link and got all the way to clicking on my Inbox. Then it took me to the page that says to see my messages I needed to log in. Then I was back in the circle again.

I can't call up what cookies are in the Torch's memory. Or, at least I don't think I can. But I don't think that is a problem since I routinely pay bills, visit sites I know require cookies, etc. and have no problems. NWDC forum is the only site I've been to that gives this problem.

Since the Torch is so versatile I often travel with only it and an old iPaq to store contacts and passwords (Three tries and it resets to original factory and no one is going to guess my password in three attempts; even if they have the iPaq). So, if you can fix this it would be a convenience.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Are you using the default Blackberry browser?

Anyone else using a Blackberry and experiencing this problem?
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Post by ArcticDiver »

Using the default Browser.

It is really weird since this is the only site where I experience this problem. I even pay bills using it.
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

I've never had an issue on my blackberry. It's not a torch, though.
Kelly
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Post by Dashrynn »

Had the same issue when I owned a blackberry and on my HTC evo scubaboard does this but if I continue on by clicking a forum local link it shows I'm online. Perhaps try clicking on the links to re refresh the browser?
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Post by ArcticDiver »

Tried refreshing. But, it seems the Torch gets into a circle where there is a login, acknowledgment that the machine is logged in, click on User Contol or Inbox and then back to the request to log in to use the User Control Panel. I can sit there all day viewing posts and threads. Can post or start threads. Just can't get into the User Control Panel or Inbox.

Not sure about the other Blackberry which was a Curve 8320 since I rarely used it for internet due to screen size.

I'm running the Torch browser in default mode except for geolocation which is turned off. That doesn't seem to make a difference.

My suspicion is that either that portion of the board has a problem or that to use this version of phBB I need to make a change that isn't obvious. That because this is the only board there seems to be a problem with.
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Post by ArcticDiver »

Is there a timer on activity that might be triggering? I ask because I left this machine loged in to my PM Inbox while I went to the PO. When I got back the main screen showed me still logged in but the Inbox forced me to log in again. Might have nothing to do with anything. But, it appeared to me to be an anomaly.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

i wish we could be of more help. i would suggest asking the folks over at phpBB.com for information. they built the software, all we did was install it.