Tapatalk marking new PM's as read

Need help with a site function? Looking for a how-to? Have a request for a new feature? Welcome to geekville.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Tapatalk marking new PM's as read

Post by renoun »

I've got a bunch of PM's that came in recently that I hadn't seen until this morning. It seems that if I leave TapaTalk 1.12.3 running on my Android phone (my Casio Commando is waterproof by the way) new PM's are somehow marked read for the purposes of the unread messages count at the top of the web pages. Until I read the messages they were still marked unread in the inbox view.
Screen Capture
Screen Capture
There are three messages that I haven't viewed on my phone or via the web. Is this "normal" behavior?
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
spatman
I've Got Gills

Re: Tapatalk marking new PM's as read

Post by spatman »

any other android users having this problem?

might be worth posting about here:
http://tapatalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

I haven't seen this problem, but I don't get a lot of PM traffic. Ross, until a permanent fix is found I'd make sure you have email notifications turned on for PMs. At least that way you'll get an email telling you to go look.
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

I'll turn email notifications back on for the time being, figured that with the smart phone I didn't need them any more.

What version of the TT plugin are we running. I'm willing to post to their support forum but I still need a few details.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

renoun wrote:I'll turn email notifications back on for the time being, figured that with the smart phone I didn't need them any more.

What version of the TT plugin are we running. I'm willing to post to their support forum but I still need a few details.
we have the latest version installed.