is there email notification of replies?

Need help with a site function? Looking for a how-to? Have a request for a new feature? Welcome to geekville.
revjlw
Getting To Know Folks

Post by revjlw »

I would like to turn on email notification when I get a reply to my post. Can that be done? How?
Magoi
Dive-aholic

Re: is there email notification of replies?

Post by Magoi »

I believe that the default is to provide email notifications of replies. For the past month or 2, however, the notification does not seem to be working properly. I just received notification today for a PM sent last Wed.
Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Like Magoi said, it should be set as a default preference. You can check in your user control panel under the board preferences tab. Also in the bottom footer bar of each thread is a subscribe/unsubscribe link. Lastly, make sure emails from @nwdiveclub.com aren't getting caught by a spam filter.

Anyone else having trouble receiving emails like Magoi?
revjlw
Getting To Know Folks

Post by revjlw »

Yup, I have the subscribe checked - though I really had trouble seeing. It must be the default setting, cuz I never CHOSE to check it. And NO I am not getting alerts in my spam... checked.

Thanks for the prompt responses, guys! i thought it might just be the boards way of making us swing by regularly! ;)
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

If you have a smart phone you can also read the forum using TapaTalk and really be up to date.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

revjlw wrote:Yup, I have the subscribe checked - though I really had trouble seeing. It must be the default setting, cuz I never CHOSE to check it. And NO I am not getting alerts in my spam... checked.

Thanks for the prompt responses, guys! i thought it might just be the boards way of making us swing by regularly! ;)
Are you getting any emails at all from nwdc? I just sent you one via the forum's email function.