New spam blocker installed - please PM me with any problems

Need help with a site function? Looking for a how-to? Have a request for a new feature? Welcome to geekville.
spatman
I've Got Gills

New spam blocker installed - please PM me with any problems

Post by spatman »

NWDC has literally been under assault by spammers for about a week now. Changing the registration questions only held them off for a few hours at best before they updated their bots with the correct answers.

So I've installed a pretty hardcore spam blocker that checks both registrants' and posters' IP addresses against several blacklists before allowing anything through. So far it's been working great, but maybe a little too great. A couple of established users' IP addresses have been blocked as result.

If you or anyone you know is having difficulties posting or registering because of this spam blocker, please either PM me or email me at matt at nwdiveclub dot com.

Here a small sample of what's been going on:
image.jpg
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: New spam blocker installed - please PM me with any probl

Post by Dusty2 »

Persistent little buggers! I rate spammers just below druggies.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

spatman wrote:If you or anyone you know is having difficulties posting or registering because of this spam blocker, please either PM me or email me at matt at nwdiveclub dot com.
Just a reminder, folks. Thanks.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

We've removed this spam blocker in favor of another method. Thanks to everyone who helped out.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Just testing Image
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver