Update reverse sorting?

Need help with a site function? Looking for a how-to? Have a request for a new feature? Welcome to geekville.
jsaenz
Frequent Bubbler

Update reverse sorting?

Post by jsaenz »

Anyone else having a problem where newest posts are at the last page instead of the new page since the update? When I'm not logged in the site shows fine, but logging in reverses sort order.

Tried clearing cache in my web browser, same issue.

very odd.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Update reverse sorting?

Post by Norris »

Yeah I am noticing this too. I did check User Control panel and saw Board Preferences/Edit Display Options/Display Topic order direction but did not see any change when I messed with it.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
selkie
Submariner

Post by selkie »

Yep noticed same problem.
"A man must have some wit to know he is a fool"

Maritime Archaeological Society (MAS)
http://maritimearchaeological.org/

Northwest Diving History Association (NWDHA)
http://www.divinghistory.org/
jsaenz
Frequent Bubbler

Post by jsaenz »

Norris, I changed that preference to Descending and logged out, cleared cache, logged back in and its fixed now.

Then change Display post order direction: to Ascending, and posts and topics are now displayed properly.
Norris wrote:Yeah I am noticing this too. I did check User Control panel and saw Board Preferences/Edit Display Options/Display Topic order direction but did not see any change when I messed with it.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

jsaenz wrote:Norris, I changed that preference to Descending and logged out, cleared cache, logged back in and its fixed now.

Then change Display post order direction: to Ascending, and posts and topics are now displayed properly.
Hi, sorry I'm late to the party. jsaenz nailed it.

For some reason, these settings all got wiped when we did the update, and unfortunately there's no way to set a global default.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

I changed that preference to Descending and logged out, cleared cache, logged back in and its fixed now.

By the way, instead of clearing cache, which will erase all your browser cache, you can press the "delete all board cookies" link at the bottom of the page.
Visit pnwdiving.com for viz reports, slack planning, galleries and more!
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Hi
Plenty of people still haven't figured out how to fix this. Admins -- can you guys insert custom javascript or similar to fix this?
Thanks!
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

We will get to this. Right now we've kind of got our hands full with the stability of the site in general. Still some bugs to clean up.
YellowEye
I've Got Gills

Post by YellowEye »

Thanks Calvin. We really appreciate your hard work!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

:goodpost:
I agree with the below! Thanks for all your help Calvin!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

I got mine fixed, thanks for the directions on how
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

I have made a sql change which should have fixed this. Please let me know if this has changed for those of you who haven't messed with your settings.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**