Adding Photos to the NWDC Gallery

Need help with a site function? Looking for a how-to? Have a request for a new feature? Welcome to geekville.
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Adding Photos to the NWDC Gallery

Post by Sockmonkey »

Uploading Images to a Gallery

Follow these steps to upload your images to a gallery.

Step 1: Click "Upload Image"

At the top of each gallery you’ll find the "UPLOAD IMAGE" button. Actually this button should read "UPLOADIMAGES" plural. Click on this button to start adding your images.

On the image upload page you’ll find a form to batch add up to 10 images at a time.

Step 2: Enter a name for your images

Enter a name for your photos in the "Image Title" text box. This is the name given to all of the photos you upload in this batch. This is applied to every photo you upload using this form.

If you include the text {NUM} somewhere in the image title box the gallery will add a number to your photos. For example if you add 2 photos and enter "Monkeys{NUM}" in the Image Title field, your images will be named Monkeys1 and Monkeys2.

If you prefer to use the image file name as the Image Title click the "Take filename as Image-name" box. Anything you type in the "Image Title" text box will not be used if you use this checkbox.

Step 3: Add a description

If you’re uploading a series of photos you should add a description for the batch. Please be as detailed as your patience allows. The description should have information such as the date and location where the photo was taken.

Step 4: Choose images

Search for your image files by clicking the "Browse" button for each file you want to upload.

Step 5: Click Submit

This may take a while. If you’re uploading multiple files we suggest getting up from your computer to procure a beverage of your choice. Do not navigate away from this page until the form has been fully submitted.

Voila! Your images are posted and you should be redirected back to the gallery to bask the glow of your photographic prowess.

Uploading Images to your Personal Gallery

Each user has their own place to post photos for all the images that aren’t NW diving related or that you would prefer not be posted into the general galley. You can organize and add images to your personal gallery from your User Control Panel page. You might have noticed the new tab in the UCP for the gallery.

You may upload photos directly to your personal album. Or if you're a well organized person you have the option of also creating other albums within your main album. Confused? Here's how to upload photos to your main album:

Step 1: Click on "Manage personal albums" in the gallery tab in your UCP

Step 2: Click "Upload Image"

Step 3: Upload images (see steps above)

Getting to Your Personal Album

There are three ways to get to your personal album.

1. From your UCP click on "Go to" when managing personal albums.

2. From one of your posts. You'll notice that a little camera has been added under your avatar when you read one of your posts. That's an easy way for people to see your photos.

3. From the "Users Personal Albums" album on the main public gallery page.

"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Re: Adding Photos to the NWDC Gallery

Post by Burntchef »

tried to post to both general and persoanl albums. it says i dont have access??
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

I think Spitman is in process and he'll fix as soon as he gets back from gossiping around the water cooler.

I'm amazed that it took an hour (and this thread) for someone to notice the new gallery feature. Are we all too glued to the "View new posts" page?

Hey all you reload fanatics... in case you haven't noticed... there's a link to a photo gallery in the upper right. In addition everyone now has their own personal gallery to add photos albums to. How freaking cool is that? As soon as Spatty enables image upload... ask your photo gallery related questions here in the technical support forum.

Thanks Spitman!

-Eric

Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

What a fantastic idea and a GREAT addition to an already top-notch forum.

THANKS!
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

There seems to be some technical glitch surrounding the posting of images. Spatman said he is going to finish his online spare air purchase and he'll fix the gallery up in a moment.

-Eric

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Sockmonkey wrote:There seems to be some technical glitch surrounding the posting of images. Spatman said he is going to finish his online spare air purchase and he'll fix the gallery up in a moment.
i was actually out getting fitted for my custom pink drysuit, but i'm back now.

i expect there to be glitches and bugs that we'll need to squash as they come up. please let me know if you find any...
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

howdy folks!

a few things you should know about the new galleries:

1 - only registered users can view the NWDC Photos and personal users' albums. Guests can view only the Critter albums.

2 - you can post to the NWDC Photos albums as you see fit. obviously, objectionable material will be removed.

3 - however, the Critter section submissions must be approved by a moderator. we are hoping to be selective about these submissions in order to keep possible bloat down and to try to keep the best pictures in the galleries. in other words, please don't be offended when 2,147 photos of blurry alabaster nudis don't make it into the album. but you are welcome to add as many of those to your personal album as you'd like...

4 - eric (sockmonkey) and janna (nwscubamom) are the primary photo gallery moderators. they are your go-to mods for photo specific questions. all the other global mods have the ability to address problems if eric and janna are not available.

5 - for any technical problems or bugs, please either PM me or post it in this thread.

i hope you enjoy the new galleries!

[thumb]8[/thumb]
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Yay! Thank you!
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

I just noticed the photo gallery. Great idea but there is no wreck section. PLEASE!!!
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Seems to work. Good job fellas, looks like all that schooling paid off!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Ken G wrote:I just noticed the photo gallery. Great idea but there is no wreck section. PLEASE!!!
boom! done!

NW Wrecks

now put some cool photos in there!
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

spatman wrote:
Ken G wrote:I just noticed the photo gallery. Great idea but there is no wreck section. PLEASE!!!
boom! done!

NW Wrecks

now put some cool photos in there!
Nice! Thank you Spatman
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

hey folks

i just changed the [code][album]##{/album][/code]

to read [code][thumb]##[/thumb][/code]

seems to make more sense, since we're embedding a thumbnail image and not an actual album.

if this has messed up a post that needs to be fixed, please let me know.

thanks.

[thumb]29[/thumb]
Seaslave
Compulsive Diver

Post by Seaslave »

When I try to open the NWDC Gallery from the main index page it says "You are not authorised to veiw this forum." What's up with that???
:angry:

-Mathue
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Seaslave wrote:When I try to open the NWDC Gallery from the main index page it says "You are not authorised to veiw this forum." What's up with that???

-Mathue
good question. let me take a look at that.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Seaslave wrote:When I try to open the NWDC Gallery from the main index page it says "You are not authorised to veiw this forum." What's up with that???

-Mathue

ok, i changed some of the permissions. is it working for everyone now?