Long posts and trip reports - save a copy

Need help with a site function? Looking for a how-to? Have a request for a new feature? Welcome to geekville.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Long posts and trip reports - save a copy

Post by spatman »

unfortunately, we lost a few posts again during this last site meltdown. one of them was H2Odoc's verbose report from his adventures in neah bay, which is a shame.

i'd like to take this opportunity to remind folks that pics and words stored on websites are often unstable and ultimately transitory. if you are creating a long report, how-to, or WA to OR beer comparison, i would strongly recommend composing your post offline in a word or text doc and copying it to NWDC when finished. this way you'll always have a copy of your report for the future and it will hopefully prevent the interweb monsters from swallowing your words forever, never to be seen again.

thanks, folks, and sorry to whoever lost posts recently.
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Re: Long posts and trip reports - save a copy

Post by Jenbowes »

spatman wrote:unfortunately, we lost a few posts again during this last site meltdown. one of them was H2Odoc's verbose report from his adventures in neah bay, which is a shame.

i'd like to take this opportunity to remind folks that pics and words stored on websites are often unstable and ultimately transitory. if you are creating a long report, how-to, or WA to OR beer comparison, i would strongly recommend composing your post offline in a word or text doc and copying it to NWDC when finished. this way you'll always have a copy of your report for the future and it will hopefully prevent the interweb monsters from swallowing your words forever, never to be seen again.

thanks, folks, and sorry to whoever lost posts recently.
Actually, this might be good for me, because I repeat myself a lot, but I FORGET I've said/written something already. THIS way, although everyone may have some sense of deja vu, there will be no proof.

Neat.

Because I repeat myself a lot, but I FORGET that I've already said it.
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Maybe Google cache?
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Its a bummer for sure... But I did save the type job in word perfect ... So for some unknown reason?... I saved that Long dive report.. So I will get it back up in a day or 2
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen