Job search

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
gcbryan
Submariner

Job search

Post by gcbryan »

I'm looking for a job (who isn't). I thought it might be productive/useful if anyone who has a job and is actually in an industry/company that is hiring might use this thread just as a heads up.

It might not help me if it's not something that I could do but it might help someone.

I realize that most companies aren't hiring or are only hiring for very specific positions...which won't be me...but if anyone is hiring in their department feel free to mention it here!

Maybe someone who just found a job will post a tip that helped them find that job.
Dashrynn
I've Got Gills

Re: Job search

Post by Dashrynn »

Pretty good idea, with jobs like it is now, this would be very helpful. Military doesn't have this problem, but those of us getting out of the military this would still be an interesting thread to look at. :goodpost:
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

gcbryan wrote:I'm looking for a job....
What kind of work are you looking to do?
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
gcbryan
Submariner

Post by gcbryan »

mz53480 wrote:
gcbryan wrote:I'm looking for a job....
What kind of work are you looking to do?
Anything that anyone will hire me to do really but I have an MBA, have had jobs rather than a career and have been day trading/investing/living on saving for quite a while but I need a more stable job now.

I had a job that I enjoyed once upon a time in the engineering department of a manufacturing company doing new product testing and things related to QA so I'm looking into that area a bit.

I've worked in International Banking long ago, am not looking for something in banking now but do have some experience with letters of credit and how trade finance works.

Really, I'm just looking for a decent company with decent benefits and will do whatever needs to be done.

It just helps to have an inside tip or someone who will give you an interview which is hard to do if your skills are general ones and everyone is out of work. The resumes that stand out are the ones where the applicant was doing exactly what the new job requires of course.

Temp agencies used to be a decent way to get out there working (and making some money right away) for decent companies and then while you were there you could check out their other jobs. Now there are very few temp agencies because companies either aren't hiring or they are hiring direct and aren't paying temp agencies.

If you have specific IT skills I'm sure it's a bit different.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

I have had good luck using Pace Staffing at several different times over the years. http://www.pacestaffing.com/ They got me in the door at Group Health, which led to GHC creating a position for me.

I just heard about SAS yesterday. http://www.sas.com They're ranked as the best company to work for, according to Forbes magazine. They have a Seattle office.

Good luck!
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I'm interested in this thread too - some of my team (me included) are getting cut Feb 11th. I've got some interviews set up for next week. Job searching sucks.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Our company may be looking for some IT/IS positions.
Lacey, Wa. PM me for info/details.

Otherwise, I have some chemistry/lab job links.
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
blt2go
Avid Diver

Post by blt2go »

mz53480 wrote:
Anything you would care to post? (particularly in the Seattle/North area?)
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

blt2go wrote:
mz53480 wrote:
Anything you would care to post? (particularly in the Seattle/North area?)

This is a really good bio-tech one that not many know about:
http://www.washingtonlifescience.com/ca ... er-opp.htm

I have more and can send them to you when I get back home.
MZ
Check out the VIDEOS!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

mz53480 wrote:Our company may be looking for some IT/IS positions.
Lacey, Wa. PM me for info/details.

grrr LACEY washington
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**