Human Remains Found In Tiger Shark

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Human Remains Found In Tiger Shark

Post by Tangfish »

I know Spatty is probably going to come along and point out that someone already posted this, but here goes....

http://www.tribune242.com/news/09062010 ... 6T08-58-59
spatman
I've Got Gills

Re: Human Remains Found In Tiger Shark

Post by spatman »

nope, you're the first. congrats!
deep diver
Pelagic

Post by deep diver »

:eek: So much for the thought that a well fed shark doesn't keep eating.... whole guy inside and he's going after a grouper!
It's a good day.... nobody died!
Blaiz
Pelagic

Post by Blaiz »

talk about a scuba nom! :eek:
The student was ready.

it's nice to have low expectations, sometimes - lcf

I said keep going, not start whining -airsix
lizard0924
Submariner

Post by lizard0924 »

Eeek. Makes me sort of glad the resident tiger shark didn't show up during our shark dive last week. And the DMs told us the tiger shark isn't interested in eating people.....riiiiiigggghhhtttt.
Liz

www.lizsundquist.com

Holy cow! I'm the Godzilla of the underworld, apparently. ~ JenBowes
I'm going to tie my spool off on your manifold and ride you like a manatee! ~ Scottsax
Lundy will forever be known as The Guy Touching Richard's Thong. ~ Spatman
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

lizard0924 wrote:Eeek. Makes me sort of glad the resident tiger shark didn't show up during our shark dive last week. And the DMs told us the tiger shark isn't interested in eating people.....riiiiiigggghhhtttt.
well, live people, at least....
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

I recall seeing on "Shark Week" where they continued to feed a white shark full tunas, and I think it ate like 5-7...anyone recall seeing that?

My point being I think they will eat beyond "full"
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

Many scavengers will eat beyond full, because they don't know when they'll get their next meal. For example, a turkey vulture will eat until it literally cannot fly, and if something tries to attack it then it will throw up the rotten flesh...and who would want to eat that? Kind of sounds like the regurgitated foot if you ask me...
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

So much for eating breakfast while browsing the board . . .
Kelly
SeattleYates
Aquaphile

Post by SeattleYates »

Tiger sharks are awesome, beautiful creatures. I've been on three Bahamas tiger shark diving trips (Shearwater out of W. Palm Beach), and have spent hours watching them up close and personal (how's this for close?): ;)

In all that time, I only once felt "concerned", and that was when I got separated from the group in deep water, and this 12-foot female came to "investigate" me (a story unto itself) - I was really glad to have a big camera between me and her:

I have no trouble seeing how a big tiger like the one in the article could dismantle a human and eat the whole thing; they're very opportunistic feeders, sometimes only eating once in several weeks, so I agree that they would stuff themselves on every piece of "food" they come across, especially if it was a human carcasse - that's "easy" prey for them.
Bruce Yates
Photography: http://www.UnderwaterReflections.com
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damned fool about it." WC Fields
whatevah
Aquanaut

Post by whatevah »

The concept of "couple of shells to the head and release" is an interesting one.
“When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” -- John Muir
Kirby
Aquaphile

Post by Kirby »

I get to dive with a Tiger shark at the Point Defiance Zoo. They are spooky up close with no cage. We get a little piece of PVC pipe to wave if it decides to come too close. The teeth look like Dracula's fangs. Nice.

Kirby
Hi, My name is Kirby, and I am addicted to Nitrogen Narcosis.