New Forum Layout

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.

Do You Like The New Setup?

Yes, This Is Great For The Board
90%
Naw, I Liked The Old Setup Better
No votes
We Need More Sub-Forums!
10%

Total votes: 10

Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

New Forum Layout

Post by Tangfish »

I've added some sub-forums since we've grown to the point of needing a little organization. I've started out with a few basics, we can always add more as we go. I didn't want to fragment the discussion too much in the beginning, but I'm thinking that eventually we'll have more forums for Photography, Travel Destinations, Diving Education (ask questions about certifications, etc.) and many more. So, from now on head over here when you get to the Board!
Last edited by Tangfish on Mon May 01, 2006 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Yeah Calvin I like that new setup seems more organized to me!!
Who run barter town?
Ken G
I've Got Gills

Post by Ken G »

I think it's great.

As our club increases size I think there are many good categories we can add.

Dive physiology, Instructor/DM section, Photography, Tech (Wreck, Cave, DIR, Hogartharian etc), Do it yourself gear, Decompression and Dive Theory, possibly a section for divers to get course help, etc, etc...

Nice work Calvin!

Ken

(aka kgdiver)
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Calvin you know I just came up with an idea. How about making a forum where someone can quickly veiw all the new posts of any forum. instead of having to check all the forums to see whats new, just one to click on that shows new posts in any subject. :bootyshake:
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Maverick, that's pretty much what we had before. But it was getting pretty disorganized. I'll look into a way to provide that view for those who want it. Did you notice that when going to the front page of the forum, you can see whether a sub-forum has any new comments in it by the color of the little paper icon?
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Hi Folks, due to the fact that all of you agreed the new layout is better, we'll be keeping it this way (and adding new sub-forums as we go).

Also, since no one really used the original homepage beyond their first visit. I've moved our welcome note to the new Introductions Page. Please stop on by there once in a while to greet our new friends.

Sorry about all the changes lately but I figured it's better to get them over with all at once, now that our little club has begun to outgrow its training-wheels. That's all for now!
:salute:
Dave
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Dave »

Wow I just saw taht today when someone brought up http://www.nwdiveclub.com sneaky!!!
TAKE only pictures,,, LEAVE only bubbles...
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

:wav:
Calvin you rock BRO:

I love the new look it is much nicer this way grate job.
hard to belive we just started such a short time a go.

now look at us.

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him