Need Detailing? Metropolitan Detail Is Your Answer

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Diver_C
Amphibian

Need Detailing? Metropolitan Detail Is Your Answer

Post by Diver_C »

Our very own Maverick owns Metropolitan Detail in Bellevue, and they do an excellent job with a free loaner car to boot!!! My truck was coated in sap, and needing help. They did an excellent job inside and out, resulting in a shiny and sap-free truck. The loaner was very nice too, as I would have had no other way to get to/from work without it. I'm going to have them wrap my boat's hull next, so I don't have to worry about lake muck, or waxing. If you want your vehicle returned to like-new condition for a great price, give Metro Detail a call (425) 672-8140. They're on Bell-Red Road, just east of 124th.

Geek
Pelagic

Re: Need Detailing? Metropolitan Detail Is Your Answer

Post by Geek »

:popcorn:
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

Geek wrote::popcorn:
Pass the popcorn Geek
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Cynthia Heimel
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Wrapping the hull? Is this a coating or something they put on it? (Says Lynne, whose ears prick up at the thought of not having to do SO much boat cleaning . . . )
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I dunno about the detailing, but those little stick-on covers for your dive computers and gauges are pretty nice too. I gotta get up there someday and get one for my X1 ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Yes it is like a clear film. It's called ceramic matrix, and it's made for gel coats. My boat gets an ugly, extremely difficult to remove yellow-green stain on the bottom if it sits in Lake Sammamish for any length of time. BJ says the wrap will make the grime easy to remove, and won't need to wax the boat either. I felt a car in BJ's shop with that type of wrap on it; iit is super smooth; and it did not look like it had been on the car for three years. I am excited to test anti-stain qualities of the wrap for myself in April!! :taco:
LCF wrote:Wrapping the hull? Is this a coating or something they put on it? (Says Lynne, whose ears prick up at the thought of not having to do SO much boat cleaning . . . )
Not the same material as the wrap, but yes, that film is great too!
Grateful Diver wrote:I dunno about the detailing, but those little stick-on covers for your dive computers and gauges are pretty nice too. I gotta get up there someday and get one for my X1 ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Paid advertisement...
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Seems like its paid, but actually just a happy customer. I'm not advertising!! but its not a wrap for the gel coat, its a baked on Pre ceramic Sealant. should help, only put it on sea going vessels in the past, but fresh should be even less harsh, so no worries there.

thanks for the Kind words RICH!!

BJ
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

Well, advertisement or not, I'm happy for the information, so thanks for posting it. Keeping the gelcoat looking good with a 2 stroke engine is a major pain.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

just Kidding ..... BJ does all my Uncle Roy's cars .... Plus he gets to drive them too ..
IMG_0964.jpg
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

... so how much dive gear can you fit in one of those ???

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

H20doctor wrote:just Kidding ..... BJ does all my Uncle Roy's cars .... Plus he gets to drive them too ..
IMG_0964.jpg
ooooooooooo pretty................
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Cynthia Heimel
Geek
Pelagic

Post by Geek »

Grateful Diver wrote:... so how much dive gear can you fit in one of those ???

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
If you can afford to own one, you have your CCR in the passenger seat.... or a guy follows you around with a custom Dive rig :angelblue:
If I'm killed by the questions like a cancer,
Then I'll be buried in the silence of the answer.

http://www.tacomacomputersolutions.com

Life isn't like a box of chocolate's, life is like a box of chocolate and horse bisket's and no matter which one you get you have to keep on chewing...