Redondo Steps

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Lonestar
Compulsive Diver

Redondo Steps

Post by Lonestar »

DM is planning to measure for a new step or two at Redondo on Sunday. They'll let me know if there is anything they need from us. Their plan so far is to pre-cast the step(s) and set in place with a backhoe. This is the quickest way to get it done as it circumvents permitting etc.
Tim McClung

22nd Annual Scott Firefighter Stair Climb, support it: http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/Big ... fr_id=1280
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Redondo Steps

Post by Dusty2 »

Wow, Another demonstration that positive things can happen if offer to work with the powers that be. Thanks Lonestar for being our voice in this. Your efforts are very much appreciated by all who frequent Redondo.
:joshsmith: :joshsmith: :joshsmith: :joshsmith: :joshsmith: :joshsmith:
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

This is fantastic news!
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

Thank you!!
:notworthy: :notworthy:
Kelly
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Post by fmerkel »

As a (still) recovering victim of the Redondo steps I applaud any and all efforts to improve this entry.

Fritz
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.
FlyinV
Dive-aholic

Post by FlyinV »

Awesome.

Extra concrete and rocks can be dropped off in a big pile just north of the VW bug.
Jeff V
Octo Buddy Dive Tours - www.octobuddy.com
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Did anything ever com of this???
Lonestar
Compulsive Diver

Post by Lonestar »

Diving there tomorrow. I'll get a hold of DM if there's no step and ask the status
Tim McClung

22nd Annual Scott Firefighter Stair Climb, support it: http://www.llswa.org/site/TR/Events/Big ... fr_id=1280
Lonestar
Compulsive Diver

Post by Lonestar »

Nothing done on the steps, I'll send DM an e-mail shortly asking the status.
Tim McClung

Scubak
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubak »

The steps are pretty scary right now...as are all the rocks around the entry and the "new damn" on the out flow pipe...just be careful and let us know if you get any response on this.
Kirsten
"Let's go diving!"
enchantmentdivi
Amphibian

Post by enchantmentdivi »

With the best of intentions I'm sure, somebody has piled up about a dozen rocks to make a step at the bottom. Instead of helpful, I actually found it to be frightful last night! It's an accident waiting to happen.
Jenn
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

I agree those rocks piled down there are scary. I hope they do something soon before someone takes a header into those other rocks or twist an ankle. I was there 3/17 and no change
Jeff Castor
Lonestar
Compulsive Diver

Post by Lonestar »

Unfortunately some other things came up and the steps fell by the wayside. However, he is back at work tomorrow and will get right on it as he wants to have it done before they get busy down there with fishing/boating season etc.
Tim McClung