Are you Tough enough? (HZ)

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Are you Tough enough? (HZ)

Post by eliseaboo »

...or perhaps that should read "crazy" enough.

Last weekend I completed the Tough Mudder in Wisconsin. 10 miles of black diamond ski hills, fire, ice, 95 degree heat, and lots and lots and lots of MUD! The course went through 21 obstacles that involved climbing, ducking, swimming, jumping off a 20 foot platform, and running through 10k volts of electricity...see the full map here

As you cross the finish line, the give you your headband, a glass of water, and a beer. Let's just say that was the single best beer I've ever had.

They make you Sharpie your number on your forehead and arm so they can ID you in photos. Unfortunately, Sharpie comes off really well with sunblock and sweat...

It was tough, but a lot of fun. The people were pretty great, everyone who competed was helpful and positive. They really stress that it isn't a race, but a challenge. If any of you are intrigued, there's one coming to Vancouver next June, and Northern CA thisSeptember. They're a lot of fun to watch too, spectators typically have just about full access to the course so you can take photos and cheer on whoever you know that is foolish enough to compete...

...and that might even be me, because I'll be back in WA in October for an AmeriCorps position in Port Townsend......

:pirate:

Peace out,
Elise
Alexitt
Submariner

Re: Are you Tough enough? (HZ)

Post by Alexitt »

Looks like fun... (to watch) Glad you enjoyed it... Especially the beer at the end.. :partyman:
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

In my case, the answer to your question is: definitely not! :rawlings:
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

Great job ... That looked like a hot day.. and a tough coarse.
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

dwashbur wrote:In my case, the answer to your question is: definitely not! :rawlings:
+1!!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

I see very little mud... :smt064 :stir:

Sounds like a fun time tho!
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

I thought they were planning on one in Washington Or is that next year?
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Cynthia Heimel
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

This race humbles me compared to the Warrior Dash I did over three weeks ago in North Bend. Warrior Dash is just 3.5 miles with 11 obstacles to go through. This was the first year it got hosted in Washington. I made it out in 38:37. I'm curious what your time was. Congratulations! Tough race. I would definitely do it if it stops here in WA.
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

coulterboy wrote:This race humbles me compared to the Warrior Dash I did over three weeks ago in North Bend. Warrior Dash is just 3.5 miles with 11 obstacles to go through. This was the first year it got hosted in Washington. I made it out in 38:37. I'm curious what your time was. Congratulations! Tough race. I would definitely do it if it stops here in WA.
If you don't post a pic of you wearing that crazy horny hat, it didn't happen!
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

C'mon Pez. You really want me to post a pic. Okay, enjoy my man. I'm the odd man not in blue dude. I missed the day our group made the shirts. Any more questions? Other than I haven't worn my crazy "horny" hat?
Attachments
Warrior Dash 2011.jpg
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

The TM took me four hours, but I did spend a fair bit of time waiting for several of the obstacles. I'd wager more than half of that time was just me trudging up the ski hills, cursing life in general...

To my knowledge, the only event near the PNW is Vancouver...though there is a Washington DC one.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

coulterboy wrote:C'mon Pez. You really want me to post a pic. Okay, enjoy my man. I'm the odd man not in blue dude. I missed the day our group made the shirts. Any more questions? Other than I haven't worn my crazy "horny" hat?
Ok this is more "muddy " :D
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

coulterboy wrote:C'mon Pez. You really want me to post a pic. Okay, enjoy my man. I'm the odd man not in blue dude. I missed the day our group made the shirts. Any more questions? Other than I haven't worn my crazy "horny" hat?

Great Picture! Looks like pure fun!
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

Keith,

You ought to run it next year dude! C'mon!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Okay send me the details and I'm all in, I think.
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz: