Hey, everyone-

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Hey, everyone-

Post by Joshua Smith »

Thanks a lot for the dive last night! I, for one, had a blast. It was great to meet all of you, and I really appreciate everyone's friendly, helpfull attitude. (Except for Maverick. What's the deal with him? He buy his way in, or what? Oh, well, it's not important, there's one in every crowd, I guess.)
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Nice to meet you too Josh, we're happy to have you aboard \:D/

Yeah, that Maverick guy can be kind of a dick at times, but we all tolerate him because he's opening a new shop and we all want to get our tailpipes polished. :bootyshake:
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Re: Hey, everyone-

Post by Maverick »

Nailer99 wrote:Thanks a lot for the dive last night! I, for one, had a blast. It was great to meet all of you, and I really appreciate everyone's friendly, helpfull attitude. (Except for Maverick. What's the deal with him? He buy his way in, or what? Oh, well, it's not important, there's one in every crowd, I guess.)
I don't know if you are joking or what but I think you're lucky to have been been accepted into a group of good knowledge and fun divers, So watch what you say about anyone in this group, Including me. We are all friends and you are new so watch it.

BJ :angryfire:
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Maverick wrote:
Nailer99 wrote:Thanks a lot for the dive last night! I, for one, had a blast. It was great to meet all of you, and I really appreciate everyone's friendly, helpfull attitude. (Except for Maverick. What's the deal with him? He buy his way in, or what? Oh, well, it's not important, there's one in every crowd, I guess.)
I don't know if you are joking or what but I think you're lucky to have been been accepted into a group of good knowledge and fun divers, So watch what you say about anyone in this group, Including me. We are all friends and you are new so watch it.

BJ :angryfire:
Dude! I was kidding! I am lucky to have met you guys! Very sorry to have offended you.

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Yeah, no, I mean, I was sincere in saying how happy I was to meet all you guys, I should watch my mouth- I'm a long time member of several other forums where trash-talking is the rule of the day, and I shouldn't have just dug right in, I guess, because I'm new, but don't take it seriously, BJ- lemme buy you a beer to make up for it!

Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

No problem Josh, I figured you were joking, and trash talking is ok, just make a point to put a smiley face or someething, so everyone knows your kidding. I have Doug read it before I wrote back to you, and he also got the impreession that you were serious, so its cool. No hard feelings
:wav:
thanks Mav.
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

STAIRS.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

dude, I totally got that he was kidding! I added to the joke myself. Someone is being oversensitive!

:rr:
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

I'll try to pay more attention to my smileys when I'm trash-talking \:D/

Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Nailer did this to BJ :boxing:, then BJ started :crybaby: and then... :violent3: but Nailer was only kidding :dontknow: and then said sorry and :notworthy: and now you guys can :occasion5:
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Yeah I know I was over sensitive but, even Doug agreed with me it, seem ed to be serious but its cool, I am thick skinned. Plus I was just putting Nailer in check :naka:
Maverick

STAIRS.
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Ok boys

play nice or I will send you to you rooms for the rest of the DAY

LOL

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Sparky if you would like to join me sunday at hoodcanal meet me at the Model-t bar in hoodsport at 9am. you cant miss it it is on the left as you drive through town, and town is only 2 feet long.
Maverick

STAIRS.
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Very creative with the smileys Calvin!!! :supz:
Who run barter town?
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Re:

Post by Tangfish »

Nailer99 wrote:Yeah, no, I mean, I was sincere in saying how happy I was to meet all you guys, I should watch my mouth- I'm a long time member of several other forums where trash-talking is the rule of the day, and I shouldn't have just dug right in, I guess, because I'm new, but don't take it seriously, BJ- lemme buy you a beer to make up for it!
BJ, did you ever claim that beer? I hope you did.
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Must have been the "AIR" he was diving back then.....
Last edited by DiverDown on Tue May 27, 2008 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who run barter town?
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

I love this. Thanks for reminding us what the board "USED" to be like. This was the kind of banter I remember when I first started reading.

So lighten up BJ. After all, you're getting MARRIED!