Break in!

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Re: Break in!

Post by cardiver »

pogiguy05 wrote:Well I dont know about you but as the guy was forcing his way into the garage HE accidently discharged the SPEAR GUN for which was hanging next to the door. :rofl:

Just glad to hear that you and your kids are OK and maybe your next purchase should be a security camera. At least you would have pictures of the vehicle and guy for the police. I keep putting getting one off myself but this seems to make it a wise choice. That and hand gun ownership
Older model Chevy Malibu, gold in color........ I pulled a hammy while chasing it down the alley . :rawlings:
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

one word: pitbull.
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

spatman wrote:one word: pitbull.
Really? He doesn't look too menacing......
Attachments
pitbull.jpg
pitbull.jpg (12.57 KiB) Viewed 2064 times
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

lol, ok 2 words: canine pitbull.
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

cardiver wrote:
Nice one, Ron! :rofl:
Kelly
SeanKylgod
Compulsive Diver

Post by SeanKylgod »

I'm not so sure.. any man in easter-blue jeans just screams instability :calvin: (amongst other things :joshsmith: ) I would take on my Blue Brindle pit before I tried to tango with a man in that shade of blue.
cardiver wrote:
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

License plate number ? Did you see it as he drove off ?
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
sitkadiver
Submariner

Post by sitkadiver »

For the record.

It is completely lawful and within your legal rights as a homeower to shoot his ass.

RCW 9A.16.020

Use of force — When lawful.

The use, attempt, or offer to use force upon or toward the person of another is not unlawful in the following cases:

(1) Whenever necessarily used by a public officer in the performance of a legal duty, or a person assisting the officer and acting under the officer's direction;

(2) Whenever necessarily used by a person arresting one who has committed a felony and delivering him or her to a public officer competent to receive him or her into custody;

(3) Whenever used by a party about to be injured, or by another lawfully aiding him or her, in preventing or attempting to prevent an offense against his or her person, or a malicious trespass, or other malicious interference with real or personal property lawfully in his or her possession, in case the force is not more than is necessary;

(4) Whenever reasonably used by a person to detain someone who enters or remains unlawfully in a building or on real property lawfully in the possession of such person, so long as such detention is reasonable in duration and manner to investigate the reason for the detained person's presence on the premises, and so long as the premises in question did not reasonably appear to be intended to be open to members of the public;

(5) Whenever used by a carrier of passengers or the carrier's authorized agent or servant, or other person assisting them at their request in expelling from a carriage, railway car, vessel, or other vehicle, a passenger who refuses to obey a lawful and reasonable regulation prescribed for the conduct of passengers, if such vehicle has first been stopped and the force used is not more than is necessary to expel the offender with reasonable regard to the offender's personal safety;

(6) Whenever used by any person to prevent a mentally ill, mentally incompetent, or mentally disabled person from committing an act dangerous to any person, or in enforcing necessary restraint for the protection or restoration to health of the person, during such period only as is necessary to obtain legal authority for the restraint or custody of the person.

[1986 c 149 § 2; 1979 ex.s. c 244 § 7; 1977 ex.s. c 80 § 13; 1975 1st ex.s. c 260 § 9A.16.020.]
I do not believe in taking unnecesary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living.
-Charles Lindbergh
SeanKylgod
Compulsive Diver

Post by SeanKylgod »

+1 I see this same RCW every day at work, I just didn't want to argue.

I have this RCW printed and framed on my wall right next to the one in my shop that states that it's illegal for me to tattoo minors so when 17 year old bi+chy face goes "but shanaynay got her tattoo with her mom's signature over at ____" all I have to do is point to the wall.
sitkadiver wrote:For the record.

It is completely lawful and within your legal rights as a homeower to shoot his ass.

RCW 9A.16.020

Use of force — When lawful.

The use, attempt, or offer to use force upon or toward the person of another is not unlawful in the following cases:

(1) Whenever necessarily used by a public officer in the performance of a legal duty, or a person assisting the officer and acting under the officer's direction;

(2) Whenever necessarily used by a person arresting one who has committed a felony and delivering him or her to a public officer competent to receive him or her into custody;

(3) Whenever used by a party about to be injured, or by another lawfully aiding him or her, in preventing or attempting to prevent an offense against his or her person, or a malicious trespass, or other malicious interference with real or personal property lawfully in his or her possession, in case the force is not more than is necessary;

(4) Whenever reasonably used by a person to detain someone who enters or remains unlawfully in a building or on real property lawfully in the possession of such person, so long as such detention is reasonable in duration and manner to investigate the reason for the detained person's presence on the premises, and so long as the premises in question did not reasonably appear to be intended to be open to members of the public;

(5) Whenever used by a carrier of passengers or the carrier's authorized agent or servant, or other person assisting them at their request in expelling from a carriage, railway car, vessel, or other vehicle, a passenger who refuses to obey a lawful and reasonable regulation prescribed for the conduct of passengers, if such vehicle has first been stopped and the force used is not more than is necessary to expel the offender with reasonable regard to the offender's personal safety;

(6) Whenever used by any person to prevent a mentally ill, mentally incompetent, or mentally disabled person from committing an act dangerous to any person, or in enforcing necessary restraint for the protection or restoration to health of the person, during such period only as is necessary to obtain legal authority for the restraint or custody of the person.

[1986 c 149 § 2; 1979 ex.s. c 244 § 7; 1977 ex.s. c 80 § 13; 1975 1st ex.s. c 260 § 9A.16.020.]
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

I am not a lawyer, but usually force and deadly force are different
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

They said it couldn't be done. It wasn't easy getting all those squirrel pelts, and even harder to get the chickens to wear them. And I wasn't sure I could eat that much cheese before the candles burned out, but who's laughing now?
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
SeanKylgod
Compulsive Diver

Post by SeanKylgod »

BAHAHAHA! anddddd Josh has officially lost his gottamns :nutty:
Joshua Smith wrote:They said it couldn't be done. It wasn't easy getting all those squirrel pelts, and even harder to get the chickens to wear them. And I wasn't sure I could eat that much cheese before the candles burned out, but who's laughing now?
scubnewb
Compulsive Diver

Post by scubnewb »

Someone broke into a friends of ours today as well in shoreline... Unfortunate.
cardiver wrote:Thwarted a mid day break in at my house today...... It really pisses me off that he screwed up the door so bad that it took me ten seconds to get it open.....
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do."
-Confucius
wa_divergal
Frequent Bubbler

Break in!

Post by wa_divergal »

Now I know the guys who can take me gun shopping when I get home.
Any girl can be glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid.
Hedy Lamarr
SeanKylgod
Compulsive Diver

Post by SeanKylgod »

Judging by Josh's Cool Hand Luke-ish reference on this one, I would dare say my IPSC medals are now invalid in this argument.
wa_divergal wrote:Now I know the guys who can take me gun shopping when I get home.
scubnewb
Compulsive Diver

Post by scubnewb »

Lol I just bought a S&W 38 sp yesterday... cant wait to be able to go pick it up in a couple days! Snagged for just under 400 at Butches on Aurora... sexy lil gun with a hell of damage factor.
wa_divergal wrote:Now I know the guys who can take me gun shopping when I get home.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do."
-Confucius
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

scubnewb wrote:Lol I just bought a S&W 38 sp yesterday... cant wait to be able to go pick it up in a couple days! Snagged for just under 400 at Butches on Aurora... sexy lil gun with a hell of damage factor.
My head is still spinning over the AK-47 conversation we had last night . . .
Kelly
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

I'm really sorry this happened Ron, and I'm glad both that you were there to fend it off, and that you weren't put in the position to have to use force to defend yourself and your property. Muggings, home invasions, and even random gang banger crimes are always something that happen to someone else - until the day it happens to you or a loved one. This is why both Linda and I got our CPLs. Maybe it's an illusion, but I sleep better with my 1911 cocked and locked on my nightstand.
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
scubnewb
Compulsive Diver

Post by scubnewb »

Lol I think I am gonna go pick up a Little Nickel today haha... :bday:
ktb wrote:
scubnewb wrote:Lol I just bought a S&W 38 sp yesterday... cant wait to be able to go pick it up in a couple days! Snagged for just under 400 at Butches on Aurora... sexy lil gun with a hell of damage factor.
My head is still spinning over the AK-47 conversation we had last night . . .
-Confucius
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

This.
and this.

ps - If Sounder comes to stay at your house for a few days don't be surprised if you tally up 800 rounds of spent cases when he leaves. True story. :gunslinger:
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

airsix wrote:This.
and this.

ps - If Sounder comes to stay at your house for a few days don't be surprised if you tally up 800 rounds of spent cases when he leaves. True story. :gunslinger:
I love the biometric gun vault!
The best training I ever received was at the Midwest Tactical Training Institute in Champagne, Il.
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

I'm sure you've had a lot of excellent training, Ron. I didn't mean to imply that you were in need. I posted those links for those new to firearms. But good stuff for all. I'll be at Insights again in just a few weeks and I love my biometric mini vault too.
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

airsix wrote:I'm sure you've had a lot of excellent training, Ron. I didn't mean to imply that you were in need. I posted those links for those new to firearms. But good stuff for all. I'll be at Insights again in just a few weeks and I love my biometric mini vault too.
I didn't think that you were implying that at all, Ben. The link just made me think of that school that I went to 25 years ago.......
-Ron T.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
scubnewb
Compulsive Diver

Post by scubnewb »

Every good red blooded american dad should start gun training with thier kids at age 5... #familytraditions
airsix wrote:This.
and this.

-Confucius
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Guns make a polite society

Although my wacky neighbor reported me to the county thinking I had a bomb shelter and being a trained sniper I could shoot her, because I'm always armed.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.