get yer drink on!!!

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

get yer drink on!!!

Post by Burntchef »

a buddy of mine just emailed this to me.

It has been scientifically proven that if we drink 1 liter of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli (E. coli) bacteria found in feces.

In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of Poo.

However, we do not run that risk when drinking wine (or rum, whiskey, beer or other liquor) because alcohol must go through a purification process of boiling or filtering and/or fermenting.

WATER = Poo

WINE = HEALTH

Ergo: It is better to drink wine and talk stupid than to drink water and be full of crap.

There is no need to thank me for this valuable information. I am doing it as a public service.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

So who's up for another dive, pizza, & BEER night?! :partyman:

(Sounder checks the date on his water filter and breathes a sigh of relief... still have 2 months on that bad boy. No liquid poo for me! Then again, I am about to jump in the shower.) :vom:
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

Sounder wrote:So who's up for another dive, pizza, & BEER night?! :partyman:

(Sounder checks the date on his water filter and breathes a sigh of relief... still have 2 months on that bad boy. No liquid poo for me! Then again, I am about to jump in the shower.) :vom:
April 6th works for me. I haven't seen the tides but sounds like a good night for diving then good food, beer and friends afterwards. :partyman:
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

We'll have to see if we're able to get Mrs. Sounder's dry gloves by then. Her NEW tanks should be here sometime soon!
BbbleMkr
Aquaphile

Post by BbbleMkr »

I vote Diving and Beer on April 6th: YES! Poo: NO!

I think Mr., uh, BbbleMkr will be home and we can all dive together. Plus, it would be great to dive with Amy again. Think we can get Gillyweed in?

dd
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

Excuse me, sorry to interrupt, but Mr. Reality to Mrs. BbbleMkr... come in Mrs. BbbleMkr. I am confused. You want to dive Friday night, then hop on a plane at 7 in the morning?

Since I have to catch the same, 7 a.m. plane, I will be skipping out on the dive, beer, and pizza. Instead, I am hoping to win some spending money at a friend's poker tournament that night.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

I just HATE it when reality intrudes on perfectly good dive plans! ](*,) :axe: :violent3:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
lamont
I've Got Gills

Post by lamont »

Diver_C wrote:Excuse me, sorry to interrupt, but Mr. Reality to Mrs. BbbleMkr... come in Mrs. BbbleMkr. I am confused. You want to dive Friday night, then hop on a plane at 7 in the morning?

Since I have to catch the same, 7 a.m. plane, I will be skipping out on the dive, beer, and pizza. Instead, I am hoping to win some spending money at a friend's poker tournament that night.
'

After an 8+ hour surface interval your 120 minute or faster compartments have basically returned to normal. Your longer compartments will not have much gas loading from a single recreational dive. If you've done your decompression correctly or excessively (e.g. 15 minutes coming up from 30 fsw following a shore profile on a recreational dive) then any free-phase aqueous bubbles should be long gone and you should not start out the flight bent (starting out a flight bent would be bad).
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

And the ~8,000 ft altitute of the plane interior is about 6ft (water equivalent) shallow than sea level.
Cera
Submariner

Post by Cera »

Or you could skip the dive and drink lots of pizza and eat some beer! wait reverse that! I started early!
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES..... THEY ARE NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING ... BUT THEY STILL BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN YOU PUSH THEM DOWN A FLIGHT OF STAIRS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cera17
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

I think Mr., uh, BbbleMkr will be home and we can all dive together. Plus, it would be great to dive with Amy again. Think we can get Gillyweed in?
Argh! Wow thanks for inviting me dd but that is probably the one night this year that I absolutely cannot dive.. =( I am closing on my house that day/night and you never know when those things are going to take place or be over with. I am at the mercy of the escrow company until they give me my money. I think I would like to celebrate afterwards, but my partner will kill me if I do that diving and not taking her out to diner. WAAAA for me...

Friday nights are usually good for me though.. I am up for the pizza.. Not really a beer fan but I do like that better than poo.. Does Burnt know if diet coke has poo in it... :vom:
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

[quote="really a beer fan but I do like that better than poo.. Does Burnt know if diet coke has poo in it... :vom: [/color][/quote]

do you really want to know?????
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Friday nights are usually good for me though.. I am up for the pizza.. Not really a beer fan but I do like that better than poo.. Does Burnt know if diet coke has poo in it... :vom:
No beer???? Sinner!!!! [-X

You just need to try the right beer...... :partyman:

Jake
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

Nwbrewer wrote:
No beer???? Sinner!!!!
Oh I will admit that I am a sinner and proly going to hell (if there is one). But I never could drink a beer and like it.. I have tried lots but alas no.. I do like tequilla though. So if it can't be diet coke.. Then it'll have to be margaritas.. But those have ice (frozen poo! #-o ) DARN! And I don't like wine either.. geez What's a girl to do.. I guess....

Burntchef wrote:
do you really want to know?????
Yes......... :pale:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Well, I'm hoping to coordinate a monthly pizza & beer after dive party so we'll catch you sometime soon.

Also - not sure if April 6th would be as good as the following week. It's Good Friday and for some it will mean evening church service.

I might suggest we look at the following Friday (4/13) for the Friday after that (4/20)? Mr. Reality & Mrs. Bubbles - will you be back?

Then again, getting pizza on 4/20 might be difficult... for some strange reason it seems there is a dramatic spike in pizza consumption that day. :smt119
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

We're gone only from April 7th to the 14th. Mrs. Bubbles says she's still up for it, using the reasoning similar to what Lamont says. Personally, I have no idea about 12 or 24 hour windows before flights. Those windows are what I have heard from others. Besides the poker issue, probably the more important issue for me is trying to pack wet dive gear - how much more heavy it will make the suitcases? Only get 50 pounds per bag. When I went to Cozumel, I barely squeaked by, and that was only after transferring stuff to my carry-on. Oh yea, I was going to take my dry suit in on Friday to get another pocket put on, so it would be ready when I got back. That other night of diving, pizza, and beer was quite the blast, so it would be sad to miss it.

Mr. Reality
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I think we should bump it out a week or two. I'm thinking 4/20. Course, it doesn't have to be official to make it happen.
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I'm in.
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

4/13 is Friday the 13th.. I am kind of superstitious.. So I prefer 4/20.. I hear you about the wait for pizza though. We will definitely have a wait on that day the poor pizza delivery guys will be so over worked. So what's the location?
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

how about a pint of guiness?? or maybe fosters??? if i can make it i'll be more than happy to attend.
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Sounder wrote: I'm thinking 4/20. Course, it doesn't have to be official to make it happen.
4/20's on my calendar. :salute:

Perhaps as we get closer a separate thread in the Dive Plans forum would be in order? :book:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

4/20 would work for me!
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
BbbleMkr
Aquaphile

Post by BbbleMkr »

I'm up for 4/20 and the only green I want to see is new kelp!

dd
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

Amy looks to be having or have had fun in Vegas..

Where are we diving? Should it be centrally located so that it's easy for everyone to attend? What's the plan Sounder? This was your call for diving then pizza than beer.. :partyman: Course we could do that in reverse and feed the fishes... :vom:
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

No beer before diving! [-X Funny, when we were having beers last time after diving, everyone pounded about 2-3 glasses of water first - amazing how thirsty you get!

I'll start a 4/20 thread in Dive Plans forum...