Aquaintances at the show

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Aquaintances at the show

Post by Dusty2 »

Wandering around during the show I saw lots of people I knew and made a few new friends. While at the marker buoys booth I met a woman??????? asking about dive buddy's and how to get acquainted with some so I told her about NWDC as a good place to start. At first I didn't think to much about it but as I saw her a few more times around the show floor the little alarm bells started to go off. Hope I didn't recommend anyone in particular. I'm thinking things are not always what they seem.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Re: Aquaintances at the show

Post by Grateful Diver »

I recommended several folks to NWDC even while I was working the ScubaBoard booth.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Grateful Diver wrote:I recommended several folks to NWDC even while I was working the ScubaBoard booth.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
:laughing3: =D>
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

... they're not competitors, yanno ... totally different experience.

I'd like to see a few more folks from here over there too ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Post by Zen Diver »

Grateful Diver wrote:... they're not competitors, yanno ... totally different experience.

I'd like to see a few more folks from here over there too ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
There's only so much time in the day Bob... I've always found Scubaboard to be too big for my tastes, too many forums, hard to keep up. Just different preferences.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Dusty2 wrote:Wandering around during the show I saw lots of people I knew and made a few new friends. While at the marker buoys booth I met a woman??????? asking about dive buddy's and how to get acquainted with some so I told her about NWDC as a good place to start. At first I didn't think to much about it but as I saw her a few more times around the show floor the little alarm bells started to go off. Hope I didn't recommend anyone in particular. I'm thinking things are not always what they seem.

I'm confused- what, exactly, are you concerned about, Dusty?
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Hmmmm, I thought an astute person like yourself would have read between the lines. This tall middle aged lady, wasn't a lady at all at least I don't think she/it was born one. Need I be clearer?
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Dusty2 wrote:Hmmmm, I thought an astute person like yourself would have read between the lines. This tall middle aged lady, wasn't a lady at all at least I don't think she/it was born one. Need I be clearer?
Ah. Sorry, brain is somewhat fuzzy tonight.

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

Dusty2 wrote:Hmmmm, I thought an astute person like yourself would have read between the lines. This tall middle aged lady, wasn't a lady at all at least I don't think she/it was born one. Need I be clearer?
In which case the question remains, why should it matter?
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Aquaintances at the show

Post by Zen Diver »

Exactly.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

... reminds me of a Lyle Lovett song ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

spatman
I've Got Gills

Aquaintances at the show

Post by spatman »

RoxnDox wrote:
+2

And fwiw, I think she may have already joined NWDC a few years ago. I can't remember her screen name off hand, though.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

RoxnDox wrote:
Thank you for pointing out the obvious =D>
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

CaptnJack wrote:
RoxnDox wrote:
Thank you for pointing out the obvious =D>
Agreed.
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
vs920
Frequent Bubbler

Post by vs920 »

Dusty2 wrote:Wandering around during the show I saw lots of people I knew and made a few new friends. While at the marker buoys booth I met a woman??????? asking about dive buddy's and how to get acquainted with some so I told her about NWDC as a good place to start. At first I didn't think to much about it but as I saw her a few more times around the show floor the little alarm bells started to go off. Hope I didn't recommend anyone in particular. I'm thinking things are not always what they seem.
When I first read your comment and saw all the question marks; the lines I read between were-Dusty’s thinkin he’s gonna get lucky tonight. I mean no disrespect, that’s actually what I thought. Wow, it’s tough to read between the lines.
Last edited by vs920 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Aquaintances at the show

Post by Tangfish »

Maybe if the line spacing were a little more generous.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Sorry if I ruffeled any feathers but you'll have to remember I was born in a far different time(1943) when such things were not tolerated.
Myself I have no problem with transexuals as long as they are honest and respect other peoples personal boundries. In fact I am somewhat in awe of these folks. It takes a very brave person to make a choice to go against the hand that nature delt them and live the way they feel is right for them. I can't even emagine what they have to go through. I must be horrible to feel out of place in your own body. If a person feels that strongly about their sex then we need to respect that choice.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

:popcorn:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

BASSMAN wrote::popcorn:
*hands bassman more popcorn and then hands spatman his drag queen outfit for saturdays gig* :angelblue:
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Cynthia Heimel
spatman
I've Got Gills

Aquaintances at the show

Post by spatman »

Oh, you picked it up from the dry cleaners for me?
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

spatman wrote:Oh, you picked it up from the dry cleaners for me?
Of course spatty :angelblue: couldn't have you miss this weekend. I wanted to do a documentary on undercover drag queens and just happened to see that the dry cleaners had your outfit ;)
When in doubt, make a fool of yourself. There is a microscopically thin line between being brilliantly creative and acting like the most gigantic idiot on earth. So what the hell, leap.
Cynthia Heimel
spatman
I've Got Gills

Aquaintances at the show

Post by spatman »

Awesome. Let me know when your furry fandom costume is ready and we'll go out and party.
citycatred
Submariner

Post by citycatred »

spatman wrote:Awesome. Let me know when your furry fandom costume is ready and we'll go out and party.
*facepalm* its not a furry costume >.<
Cynthia Heimel
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

citycatred wrote:
spatman wrote:Awesome. Let me know when your furry fandom costume is ready and we'll go out and party.
Duh. For one thing, there isn't enough of it to be called a "costume". You couldn't wrap 2 quarters up completely with this thing. It looks like 2 small scraps of synthetic leopard print spandex held together with some gold string.

RoxnDox
Submariner

Post by RoxnDox »

Joshua Smith wrote:
citycatred wrote:
Duh. For one thing, there isn't enough of it to be called a "costume". You couldn't wrap 2 quarters up completely with this thing. It looks like 2 small scraps of synthetic leopard print spandex held together with some gold string.
Pics or it didn't happen! :D
<Penopolypants> "I, for one, would welcome our new cowboy octopus overlords."
<LCF> "There is ALWAYS another day to dive, as long as you get home today."