Holy Sh!t ...

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Zen Diver
DAN Ambassador

Holy Sh!t ...

Post by Zen Diver »

When I had an O2 kit & SADK stolen I regretted the latter the most. Like Bob, I had stuffed collected for years, some of which is no longer available. Thieves truly do suck.

Bob, I can loan you an O2 kit. Let me know if you still need one.

Valerie
coach_izzy
Avid Diver

Re: Holy Sh!t ...

Post by coach_izzy »

OMG!!! That truly, royally, and epically SUCKS!!!! It's good to see you with a positive attitude my friend. I hope you replace everything fast.
Coach Izzy
Scuba Diving Fitness
"A fit diver is a safer diver and a better buddy"
In Pain?
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Wow Bob, sorry to see this happen to someone who has given so much to the dive community!
I hope some, or all, of your lost gear gets back to you. I know that may seem unlikely, but you have an established respect to many diver's and that in it's self, will make it difficult to sell or even use, locally.
If you have any pics, you can post them here too, so we can keep an eye out for ya!
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
ryjoph89
Frequent Bubbler

Post by ryjoph89 »

I would think that knowing who you are (usually when someone steals they know the person) someone would have more respect. We are all divers and we have some unwritten rules of conduct when diving/ dealing with other divers. We see dive stickers and we have a connection, we leave doors unlocked and gear sitting around. NOT COOL!!

Whoever did it should send an anonymous email/post and specify that they will leave it outside a dive shop or return it by your vehicle and you won't press charges or something...Or just file a Police report and hope it turns up at a pawn shop or something (wouldn't hurt to try).

Sorry to hear about this Bob.. :angry:
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

ryjoph89 wrote: (usually when someone steals they know the person)
What do you base this on? :dontknow:
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

I doubt it was stolen by another diver ... or someone who knows me. We've had some car break-ins in my neighborhood recently ... I just thought that since I had an alarm installed on my car, if someone tried it, the alarm would scare them off. It never occurred to me they'd know how to bypass it.

Now I know ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Threats and ultimatums are never the best answer. Public humiliation via Photoshop is always better - airsix

Come visit me at http://www.nwgratefuldiver.com/
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Post by ArcticDiver »

ryjoph89 wrote:I would think that knowing who you are (usually when someone steals they know the person) ...
Is that a Washington or Seattle Metro Area peculiar thing?

Most everywhere I've been or traveled the opposite is the case. In fact I had a felon living across the street from me. He knew not to dirty his nest so all the neighbors were safe. That, in my experience, is often the case.

Bob:
Here and where I was having all my medical work done alarms are useless. The only way to not have someone steal from your vehicle is to either not have anything worth stealing in it, or cover the item(s) with something innocuous that looks like it is casually thrown in the vehicle.

You had a good run. Wish you well on another many years with no trouble.
The only box you have to think outside of is the one you build around yourself.