Special thanks to Josh!!!

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
lundysd
Extreme Diving Machine

Special thanks to Josh!!!

Post by lundysd »

I want to give a very special thanks to our very own Joshua Smith for a recent project he completed for us. I wanted to redo our fireplace for my wife's birthday, and while I typically do most home projects myself, this one was a bit more involved and I wanted it to look absolutely perfect if I hired someone else to do it. As most of you know, Josh is a top notch carpenter and contractor, and luckily he was available for a few days last week. He did an amazing job -- the project was finished on time, the work was top notch, and the price was very fair. I could not have been more pleased -- thanks buddy!
Attachments
fireplace transformation.jpg
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Special thanks to Josh!!!

Post by Joshua Smith »

( Blush) thanks, Scott! It was a fun project, and i appreciate the work!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I have yet to see any photos of work Josh has done that haven't been just beautiful. Obviously a craftsman.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Way cool!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Waynne Fowler
I've Got Gills

Post by Waynne Fowler »

Really looks nice Josh! I dig the curves that the turn of the century styles have. Its amazing how good they look wrapping up a new style stove like that. :) Impressive all the way around.
Ripper of drysuits, mocker of divers...there are no atheist divers in a mistimed Deception Pass dive. Jeremy
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

Love it! What transformation! :notworthy:
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

****ing awesome work
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Very nice! Looks incredible
Hi, my name is Keith, and I'm a Dive Addict! :supz:
jackieg
Amphibian

Post by jackieg »

Amazing. So...Josh.... canI get a fireplace on my boat? BRRRR. Winter approaches.....
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Having spent many years in construction, I have seen my fair share of remodels. And Josh, you did a great job. I really like the blending of a modern stone hearth (looks like absolute black) and the ornate surround and mantel. The surround also compliments the fireplace opening very well. Now I just have to keep this pic from my wife or else my camera gear account will diminish quickly :) Nice work.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Scubie Doo wrote:Having spent many years in construction, I have seen my fair share of remodels. And Josh, you did a great job. I really like the blending of a modern stone hearth (looks like absolute black) and the ornate surround and mantel. The surround also compliments the fireplace opening very well. Now I just have to keep this pic from my wife or else my camera gear account will diminish quickly :) Nice work.
Thanks, Scubie! To be fair, I had zero to do with the design on this little project. Scott knew exactly what he wanted. I was just the installation monkey technician. But I do admire the design sense that went into it.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Joshua Smith wrote:
Scubie Doo wrote:Having spent many years in construction, I have seen my fair share of remodels. And Josh, you did a great job. I really like the blending of a modern stone hearth (looks like absolute black) and the ornate surround and mantel. The surround also compliments the fireplace opening very well. Now I just have to keep this pic from my wife or else my camera gear account will diminish quickly :) Nice work.
Thanks, Scubie! To be fair, I had zero to do with the design on this little project. Scott knew exactly what he wanted. I was just the installation monkey technician. But I do admire the design sense that went into it.
Then kudos to both of you. Design is half the battle, but I have seen many designs ruined by shotty workmanship.
ktb
I've Got Gills

Post by ktb »

Impressive!! :notworthy:
Kelly