Diamond Knot Brewery in Mukilteo

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Diamond Knot Brewery in Mukilteo

Post by John Rawlings »

Does anyone know if the Diamond Knot has re-opened yet? The last I heard it was supposed to open on March 1st, but I haven't heard anything since.
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

http://www.advanceddivermagazine.com
http://johnrawlings.smugmug.com/
finnegankp
Dive-aholic

Re: Diamond Knot Brewery in Mukilteo

Post by finnegankp »

John,

It's not opened yet. I dove Muk last weekend for a Crack dive and we tried stopping in for brunch afterwards but they were locked up and still looked to have a fair amount of work left. Last I heard they are now targeting Mid-April to finish and re-open.
To dive? Or not to dive?... the latter is irrelevant! Get in the water!
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

The sign says "Grand Re-opening April 6th". I stopped by today and it was open for lunch even though they were still working on the outside of the building. Quite a large lunch crowd and a a much enlarged business.
-Curt
Happy to be alive.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

More beers to be had up at the lodge imo.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Jeremy wrote:More beers to be had up at the lodge imo.
Yeah, but I much prefer the atmosphere at the ol' Knot.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I love the 'knot.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Joshua Smith wrote:
Jeremy wrote:More beers to be had up at the lodge imo.
Yeah, but I much prefer the atmosphere at the ol' Knot.
Yeah, I do too actually.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Post by renoun »

Are they still serving peanuts in the shell?
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Alexitt
Submariner

Post by Alexitt »

renoun wrote:Are they still serving peanuts in the shell?
Wouldn't be the Knot without 'em... :partyman:
-Alex-

"so in the interest of advising something...let's see..."the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!" -Eliseaboo

kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

DK serves the BEST ever Thai Chicken Pizza! and I dont eat eat pizza :)

Love that place! wish it wasnt that far out.
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

kdupreez wrote:DK serves the BEST ever Thai Chicken Pizza! and I dont eat eat pizza :)

*Everyone* eats pizza. (Squints suspiciously at Koos.)

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Joshua Smith wrote:
kdupreez wrote:DK serves the BEST ever Thai Chicken Pizza! and I dont eat eat pizza :)

Anything with "Thai chicken" on it can't be called pizza. Sorry, I'm a purist.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

spatman wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:

+1 on that! That sounds like something they would serve in so. California! :smt064
kdupreez
I've Got Gills

Post by kdupreez »

Dusty2 wrote:
spatman wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:

+1 on that! That sounds like something they would serve in so. California! :smt064
sh*t... cover.. blown..

They do have south african accent classes in SoCal :neener:

But yeah, I dont eat cheese.. the oily cheezyness grosses me out.. I love pizza with no cheese or as little as possible..
"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party" - Ron White
John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Well, two important things came from this thread - I now know more about the upcoming re-opening of the Diamond Knot, AND I now know that Koos is a communist.

Forewarned is forarmed! :rofl:
“Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.”

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

kdupreez wrote:
But yeah, I dont eat cheese.. the oily cheezyness grosses me out.. I love pizza with no cheese or as little as possible..
That's called "flatbread". No cheese, not pizza. :tomnic:
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

mmmmmm cheeeeeeeeeeeese

Their stone cooked sandwiches are really pretty damn great too, and HAVE to love a place that encourages throwing peanut shells on the floor.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

John Rawlings wrote:
Well, two important things came from this thread - I now know more about the upcoming re-opening of the Diamond Knot, AND I now know that Koos is a communist.

Like I always told ya, boyo- if'n they don't like cheese, they're probably Sou'frican. An' if'n they likes cheese *too much*- they're probably Frenchmen. Either way- don't let them park their cars on your lawn, and keep a close eye on your cheese.

John Rawlings
I've Got Gills

Post by John Rawlings »

Joshua Smith wrote:
John Rawlings wrote:

Like I always told ya, boyo- if'n they don't like cheese, they're probably Sou'frican. An' if'n they likes cheese *too much*- they're probably Frenchmen. Either way- don't let them park their cars on your lawn, and keep a close eye on your cheese.
Despite the fact that you're a debauched Irish Bog Runner, truer words were never spoken! It's not often that I am forced to acknowledge the wisdom of your remarks, but now is that time! :rawlings:

But....you STILL better stay off my lawn.

Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

John Rawlings wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:
John Rawlings wrote:

Despite the fact that you're a debauched Irish Bog Runner, truer words were never spoken! It's not often that I am forced to acknowledge the wisdom of your remarks, but now is that time! :rawlings:

But....you STILL better stay off my lawn.
Guess where I'm posting this from!

Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Norris wrote:mmmmmm cheeeeeeeeeeeese

Their stone cooked sandwiches are really pretty damn great too, and HAVE to love a place that encourages throwing peanut shells on the floor.
A waitress there was telling me that some people undercook their meats on the stones..mainly worried about pork.

Although I saw the temp recommendations for pork were recently lowered. Thank goodness, nothing destroys a nice cut like overlooking it.
LCF
I've Got Gills

Post by LCF »

I thought the fact that you were currently in the drunk tank in San Juan, Puerto Rico, with a tattoo you don't remember getting, wasn't public knowledge?

Koos, I need to have you over to my house for pizza. You'd like mine. I'm anti-overcheesing, too.
"Sometimes, when your world is going sideways, the second best thing to everything working out right, is knowing you are loved..." ljjames
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

LCF wrote:I thought the fact that you were currently in the drunk tank in San Juan, Puerto Rico, with a tattoo you don't remember getting, wasn't public knowledge?

Koos, I need to have you over to my house for pizza. You'd like mine. I'm anti-overcheesing, too.
Firstly, that was, like, at least 3 days ago, Lynne.
Secondly, that was Puerto Rico? Are you sure?

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Joshua Smith wrote:
LCF wrote:I thought the fact that you were currently in the drunk tank in San Juan, Puerto Rico, with a tattoo you don't remember getting, wasn't public knowledge?

Yep, because you made bail, while I'm still scratching my new tattoo in a San Juan clink.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

spatman wrote:
Joshua Smith wrote:

Yep, because you made bail, while I'm still scratching my new tattoo in a San Juan clink.
The cool thing is you can still scratch while hand cuffed seeing that it is on your lower back. But with all the colors used with hello kitty tattoos I would be careful as you could mess it up.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**