Wild Rainiers in the ocean

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
renoun
I've Got Gills

Wild Rainiers in the ocean

Post by renoun »

I'm young enough to have only the vaguest recollections of the commercials and am fortunate to have come of age when far superior beverages are were available but I always loved the Rainier Beer commercials. A sailing blog I follow just posted a about a bunch they found on youtube. It looks like whomever has bought the brand discovered their archives and is posting them including a diving themed one. I prefer better beer (my older friends assure me that back in the day Rainier Ale aka Green Death was one of the better options) but I do appreciate the nostalgia.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/2-OSDSZHfFw[/youtube]

If you are a newcomer to the Seattle area the brewery was located along I-5 just North of the Spokane St. exit on your way to Cove II. The building still exists but has been re-purposed. The Wikipedia page can fill you in on essential history.
"Just to be clear, doing the Diamond Knot requires at the minimum double IPAs to be DIR." - MattleyCrue
"Mmmm....... Oreos!
They didn't look too good when I was spitting in my mask for dive #2!" - cardiver
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Re: Wild Rainears in the ocean

Post by Dusty2 »

Sad that this species went extinct. I loved their commercials. Especially the guy on the motorcycle. A real classic. Of course the old Olimpia commercials were great too. :supz:
Furnari
Aquaphile

Post by Furnari »

Vitamin R still has it's place, as do some of our other regional white trash American Lagers: Hamms, Oly, etc. They hit the spot on a hot summer day- think of them as old school session brews :partyman:
GearHead
Submariner

Post by GearHead »

Rainier Dry in cans was excellent boat beer back in the day. Easy to quaff between ski runs.
Mateo1147
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: Wild Rainiers in the ocean

Post by Mateo1147 »

Don't forget Heidelberg in stubby brown bottles! My first foray into clandestine beer drinking........
Like Ross said, thank god we now have the beers available that we do!
You breath like a girl! -Blaiz
I thought she was right until I dove with eliseaboo!