Bummer!!!! Stolen Drysuit

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Bummer!!!! Stolen Drysuit

Post by Dusty2 »

Got to the dive site in PT this morning and started to set up and relized that my drysuit was missing. I keep my suit in the cab of my truck and this morning it ws gone! So here I am in PT wth no suit! ARGH!!!!!!!!!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: Bummer!!!! Stolen Drysuit

Post by Joshua Smith »

Bummer!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
deep diver
Pelagic

Post by deep diver »

That is a real drag! My wife said you could borrow hers, but don't think it would fit you. I do have diamond suit, that is a large tall... it is a big suit. I could bring it to town with me tomorrow and you can try it to see if it fits
It's a good day.... nobody died!
enchantmentdivi
Amphibian

Post by enchantmentdivi »

That stinks!! I'm sorry. This is your first day up there, right? Is there a possibility that you may have just forgotten it? (fingers crossed)
Jenn
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

enchantmentdivi wrote:That stinks!! I'm sorry. This is your first day up there, right? Is there a possibility that you may have just forgotten it? (fingers crossed)
Wish that were true but I called home and nothing there, Also checked all the lost and founds here in town. Nothing, nada, zilch. Been awhile since I dove so hard to tell when it went missing. :angry:
enchantmentdivi
Amphibian

Post by enchantmentdivi »

Check craigslist and alert DDS in Seattle.
Jenn
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Post by fmerkel »

Aghh!! Who the hell would steal a 'well used' dry suit? That's perverted.
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

fmerkel wrote:Aghh!! Who the hell would steal a 'well used' dry suit? That's perverted.
:angry: :pirate:
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

What has the world come to when a thief would steal a used drysuit. Dont leave your old boxers out.....just sayin....
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

:nutty:
fmerkel wrote:Aghh!! Who the hell would steal a 'well used' dry suit? That's perverted.
That's my thinking too. But it seems the world is full of perverts now days. I have been wandering around since yesterday muttering to myself trying to make since of it. I keep thinking I must have just misplaced it but there is no place left that I haven't checked. :luv:
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

tell folks your are incontinent, and have code yellow and brown failures. Who'd want a dry suit after that? :) :nutty:
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
eliseaboo
I've Got Gills

Post by eliseaboo »

Dusty2 wrote::nutty:
That's my thinking too. But it seems the world is full of perverts now days. I have been wandering around since yesterday muttering to myself trying to make since of it. I keep thinking I must have just misplaced it but there is no place left that I haven't checked. :luv:
Uh...have you checked out eBay lately? There's good money to be had for "well-used" wetsuits and drysuits. The world is a frightening place for exposure wear...
jeffgerritsen
Dive-aholic

Post by jeffgerritsen »

I'm dumb founded. Who in the world would want to steal a used drysuit. At my age memory is the second thing to go..... :nutty: uh I can't remember the first! I usually find missing things are accidentally covered up by some other item. I keep going over and over the same spot, however not seeing the covered up item just in front of me. A gal I dated in highschool used to always tell me "... if it was a snake it would bite you". As you can tell by now I still suffer from the same condition.
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

yea, I've seen the back of your truck :)
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
jeffgerritsen
Dive-aholic

Post by jeffgerritsen »

Think the truck is bad, you ought to see my storage unit. Between my memory and things being covered up, why I find new treasures every day!

BTW, I hope you find your suit.
Jeff Pack wrote:yea, I've seen the back of your truck :)
Tess
Avid Diver

Post by Tess »

Aw man! I hope you find it very soon. That's pretty awful. I'll be on the lookout for people talking about their nasty habit of stealing used drysuits. :salute:
McGlencoe
Dive-aholic

Post by McGlencoe »

Sorry to hear Dusty, did you ever recover it or get another one and get some dives in?
Dusty2
I've Got Gills

Post by Dusty2 »

McGlencoe wrote:Sorry to hear Dusty, did you ever recover it or get another one and get some dives in?
Not this trip. Pretty hard to find a suit that fits us old dudes with all our weight in the middle. :rofl:

The insurance is filed and I should be ready to get a new one soon.