Thanks for good weather

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Thanks for good weather

Post by ArcticDiver »

Back home after a few days playing in Seattle. Flew down to give my wife a chance to do some things she hasn't been able to do over the past couple years. A byproduct was my hiking up and down the hills of downtown Seattle. I had forgotten how big the hill is from the market to I5. Good exercise.

The food was varied and outstanding. The Holiday Pops concert was excellent. Don't know how many of you locals realize just how much of a jewel the city is.

Guess Seattle will be more than just SEATAC.
The only box you have to think outside of is the one you build around yourself.
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Re: Thanks for good weather

Post by oldsalt »

I was just about to email you to find out how it was going in Fairbanks. For us, this was unusually cold weather. Since my boat is iced in, I have been reduced to taking hikes and walks. I'm glad you enjoyed your time here. We probably go to Seattle about as often as you do, but usually enjoy it when we do.
-Curt
Happy to be alive.
sitkadiver
Submariner

Post by sitkadiver »

Seattle is a great city. I lived there for 3 years and felt safe everywhere I went. I bartended breifly at the Jolly Roger taproom in Ballard and still stay in touch with some of the folks I met there.

Nowadays, we have family in Orting, and we spent the night there after Thanksgiving weekend: And you're right, the weather was outstanding.

For those of you laying-over at Seatac for an extended time, we've taken the monorail from the airport into downtown to meet up with friends and go to the aquarium. That's always a huge treat for the kids. I imagine at least one of the aquarium divers is on here and I should have said this years ago, but you guys do a great job.
I do not believe in taking unnecesary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living.
-Charles Lindbergh
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Post by ArcticDiver »

One of the interesting tidbits was the temperature. Was about the same both places but freezing precip at home. So was able to do more walking in Seattle.
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Post by ArcticDiver »

oldsalt wrote:I was just about to email you to find out how it was going in Fairbanks. For us, this was unusually cold weather. Since my boat is iced in, I have been reduced to taking hikes and walks. I'm glad you enjoyed your time here. We probably go to Seattle about as often as you do, but usually enjoy it when we do.
-Curt

Where is your boat? I didn't think water was cold enough for ice in the Seattle area.
oldsalt
I've Got Gills

Post by oldsalt »

I'm moored in Everett marina. It's a wonderful spot most of the time, but fresh water pools there and ice forms readily during these cold spells. It is mostly thawed by now, I will be going out sailing and crabbing when life permits.
-Curt
Happy to be alive.
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Post by ArcticDiver »

oldsalt wrote:I'm moored in Everett marina. It's a wonderful spot most of the time, but fresh water pools there and ice forms readily during these cold spells. It is mostly thawed by now, I will be going out sailing and crabbing when life permits.
-Curt
Hope that happens soon.

Take care