For sale: Tech snorkel kit $60

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

For sale: Tech snorkel kit $60

Post by Jeremy »

All,

I'm parting with my technical snorkel kit as I just haven't been using it as much. It has been an excellent price of kit and I'm sure will be snapped up right away. My loss is your gain.

PM my other username "It's DUE!" if you have any questions.

archisgore
Aquaphile

Re: For sale: Tech snorkel kit $60

Post by archisgore »

I have trouble reaching my isolator valve. Is this the right choice for me?
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

As pictured, the kit is set up for tropical waters. With a drysuit and undergarment you would want to rotate the valve closer to your head so that you can reach it easier. PM me at "It's DUE!" For a full explanation on how to do that.

Ideally you want to be able to shut down a failed snorkel in under 10 seconds.
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

Is said snorkel Nitrox capable?
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Linedog wrote:Is said snorkel Nitrox capable?
Duh. It's green, isn't it?

U can dives supr deeep with this one, bro.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

The isolator valves and entry ports are O2 clean up to 40%. You can have your local dive shop clean them to an even higher standard if you want to use them after deco or after corking from depth and you want to attach your O2 tank directly to the tech snorkel.

One other point on reaching the isolator....some people might be tempted to invert the snorkel so that the valve is easier to reach...but I strongly recommend against it.
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

Sweet. Pm sent. I'll take it.
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

mz53480 wrote:Sweet. Pm sent. I'll take it.
Awesome! I don't want to be an irresponsible seller so I need to confirm that you are a certified technical snorkeler...could you send a pic of your cert card in a PM to "It's DUE!"?

Everyone else...this sale is not final until I receive verification....so if you want to buy...PM me at "It's DUE!" If I receive multiple PM's indicating interest....I will sell to whoever PM's me the most!!!
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

Is the mask and map in the background available as well?
Pop tarts and gravy,
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

Linedog wrote:Is the mask and map in the background available as well?
I was going to keep the mask but could be talked into throwing it in. The mask has a rubber band in the middle so you can stow back-up lights, wet notes, or an SMB if you wanted.

Sorry but the map is not for sale. But if you really want it...shoot me a PM at "It's DUE!" And we can talk!
Emilyrc
Dive-aholic

Post by Emilyrc »

What the hell is going on around here? Jeremy why are you instigating? Just kidding. Super funny.
archisgore
Aquaphile

Post by archisgore »

Someone else can have it. I'm going to pass on this. I don't have a cert and I just don't like Jeremy's hardcore insistence on C-cards. It looked like a good deal. Not very many tech snorkels to come by around here.
fishb0y
Dive-aholic

Post by fishb0y »

How difficult would it be to convert said snorkel to a closed circuit snorkel? I was also trained to only use black gear with blue H's on it; is there another conversion kit for that?
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Joshua Smith wrote:
Linedog wrote:Is said snorkel Nitrox capable?
Duh. It's green, isn't it?

U can dives supr deeep with this one, bro.
But its got no Big BLue H on it, so its wrong.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

I have to pass on the snorkel also. I am getting my nitrox cert and asked my instructor if I could use your snorkel in class had he said no. I would have to buy one from him that he has in stock for $287.95. I'm sure you will sell yours as it's a fantastic deal.
P.M. Sent about the map however.
Pop tarts and gravy,
dwinslow1
Avid Diver

Post by dwinslow1 »

O.M.G. !!!!!!!
Don W.
mz53480
I've Got Gills

Post by mz53480 »

FYI, this is back up for grabs. I couldnt reach the valves during a shutdown drill. *sigh*
...I like going to the chamber.. They have great food there, and awsome live music "H20doctor"
Check out the VIDEOS!
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

fishb0y wrote:How difficult would it be to convert said snorkel to a closed circuit snorkel?
It can be a challenge...I won't lie to you. CCR snorkeling is not for everyone.

It's DUE!
Frequent Bubbler

Post by It's DUE! »

If you CCR snorkel above, 200ft, you are gonna die!
fishb0y
Dive-aholic

Post by fishb0y »

pm sent... Although that CCS does look a little suspect...
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

seems very interesting, but im worried about My PPO going above 1.4 with such a snorkle, the other issue is what happens when im cave diving at ginnie springs and i have a failure ?
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Jeremy
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeremy »

H20doctor wrote:seems very interesting, but im worried about My PPO going above 1.4 with such a snorkle, the other issue is what happens when im cave diving at ginnie springs and i have a failure ?
Both of these are real concerns with closed circuit snorkels and even very experienced snorkelers have had accidents creep up on them. Vigilance is the key. It takes around an hour or so of presnorkel time to prep the closed circuit snorkel for safe use. Then obviously you have the postsnorkel clean up and maintainance time. It's a committment, not to be taken lightly.

But if you are in ginnie springs and have a snorkel failure you go to your bailout snorkel, usually located under the arm (picture cuts this off above)
It's DUE!
Frequent Bubbler

Post by It's DUE! »

Jeremy wrote:
H20doctor wrote:seems very interesting, but im worried about My PPO going above 1.4 with such a snorkle, the other issue is what happens when im cave diving at ginnie springs and i have a failure ?
Both of these are real concerns with closed circuit snorkels and even very experienced snorkelers have had accidents creep up on them. Vigilance is the key. It takes around an hour or so of presnorkel time to prep the closed circuit snorkel for safe use. Then obviously you have the postsnorkel clean up and maintainance time. It's a committment, not to be taken lightly.

But if you are in ginnie springs and have a snorkel failure you go to your bailout snorkel, usually located under the arm (picture cuts this off above)

All I know is that I sure save a ton of money on helium bills with this baby!

Oddly, my medical bills have increased significantly.
Mortuus
Amphibian

Post by Mortuus »

It's DUE! wrote:
Jeremy wrote:

All I know is that I sure save a ton of money on helium bills with this baby!

Oddly, my medical bills have increased significantly.
Are you trying to say that all ccr snorkelers are going to get themselves hurt? What experience do you have on the matter? I've been ccr snorkeling for a whole year now, and I have yet to have a single accident, even on some deep tek snorkels below 200 ft. I bet you have no experience on the matter. How many tek snorkels have you done below 200 ft? Done any ccr snorkels? Until you have, I advise you keep your mouth shut.
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

well after making phone calls all day i cant find anyone to cert me on this snorkle.. Mel clark said No , as Many many others
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen