Homeless No More

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
ArcticDiver
I've Got Gills

Homeless No More

Post by ArcticDiver »

You may recall I had a pretty good diving career going with about five trips a year with 20-25 dives per trip. Very little was shore diving. Mainly because I was very awkward due to some old injuries. Some unkind folks misinterpreted. But, other than that I fully enjoyed my 10 years dropping off a boat and exploring reefs to wrecks.

Then came the trauma I've posted about. At the same time we decided we needed to move. We looked around the PNW and traditional retirement locations.

Ultimately we decided Anchorage was the best place. Adequate transportation when a person can't drive is promised in many places but delivered in only a couple. Anchorage is one of them. No Aging Out here. And it has decent medical care and cost of living.

Last night was our first night in our Anchorage house. HHG arrives Monday. If all goes well by mid-August I'll be shopping for a dive shop in Key Largo that won't give a 78 y/o a hard time.

A New Chapter Begins!
The only box you have to think outside of is the one you build around yourself.
verrinne
Compulsive Diver

Re: Homeless No More

Post by verrinne »

Good luck
From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free.-Jacques-Yves Cousteau