Parking at Three Tree North

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Re: Parking at Three Tree North

Post by fmerkel »

Wooden post, RIGHT next to the driveway, 2 signs on the same post. I don't know if it's technically illegal but it certainly is not a city sign(s).

What is NOT BS is this owner is obviously pissed and is willing to take steps to eliminate the problem. The owner has a way more personal and vested interest in this than the dive or fishing community is liable to come up with.
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.
mpenders
Submariner

Post by mpenders »

fmerkel wrote: Wooden post, RIGHT next to the driveway, 2 signs on the same post. I don't know if it's technically illegal but it certainly is not a city sign(s).
I wouldn't bet (a large amount) based on those criteria.

TTN entry. 3 No Parking-related signs, plus 2 street name signs mounted all on same wooden post:

https://www.google.com/maps/@47.4515941 ... 312!8i6656

https://www.google.com/maps/@47.4516688 ... 312!8i6656

Across the street from the driveway of the No Parking sign in question. Wooden post.

https://www.google.com/maps/@47.4515916 ... 312!8i6656

You can navigate that site to "drive through" the surrounding neighborhood. It sure looks like all city signage is on wood posts.
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Last night I emailed a couple people at the City of Burien about the parking at Three Tree. This is the email I received this morning

Jeff,
Public Works is putting the finishing touches on a neighborhood parking plan for the area you mention below. I will be back in touch with you once the plan is finished and adjustments to the no parking signs are made. In the meantime, the “safe” area to park is on the south side of SW 170th, west of Three Tree Point Lane.

No vehicles should be at risk of towing, provided they have been parked less than 24 hours. An exception would be if they are blocking driveway access to private property.

I hope this helps for now. I’ll be back in touch when theplan is finalized.
Regards,
Brian H. Roberts, P.E.
Assistant Public Works Director
City of Burien
(206)439-3164
brianr@burienwa.gov
Jeff Castor
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Thanks for doing that popiguy05, from this answer it doesn't seem like there is a parallel vs angle-in distinction as a requirement. If that's the case then angle-in would sure make the most sense in terms of fitting the most vehicles in without impeding private property.
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Yeh I am seriously thinking of printing out a copy to put in the window of my truck if I go diving there. :luv: :luv:
Jeff Castor
scubajen
Avid Diver

Post by scubajen »

Thanks for all the input... esp. the no parking sign photo and map. In terms of whether the sign is private or city-installed -- I have an anecdote that might be relevant. Once many years ago I spray painted the 3 feet on either side of a driveway in a neighborhood on Capitol Hill in Seattle. I did it so people wouldn't park there. One day I arrive to find a woman's been ticketed -- the cops ticketed her based on our paint. So... makes me wonder if it matters who installs the sign in instances such as this? Dunno.

It's also great to hear the City is working out a parking plan.

Also, enchantmentdivi -- I had that exact same thing happen one time at Cove 2 a long, long time ago. Scary indeed!