Diving out of Jeep Wrangler

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Diving out of Jeep Wrangler

Post by Scubie Doo »

Hello all, my wife and I decided to trade cars, so I am diving out of a 2009 Jeep Wrangler 4-door now. Any other Jeepers out there? It seems simple, but the jeep seems a little difficult to dive out of. Just little quirky things like the gap between the top and rear window, water flows in when raining. The back door is heavy and closes when the jeep is parked on an angle. And where do I put my key :) I'm used to diving out of a Ford Flex which is diving luxury :)

Any mods, hacks, ideas for transporting gear and diving out of a Jeep?
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Re: Diving out of Jeep Wrangler

Post by Tom Nic »

Buy a truck.

And message me when you go diving so I can come along and we can complain about the jeep together.

Oh, and let's go to Bonaire.

<thread hi-jack over>
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

Been diving outta my Ford Escape for years, had to work out a few bugs but it's all good. My cousin dives outta his Jeep Wrangler I think, 4 door wagon. Only "mod" he's done is a stick to hold open the hatch all the way.
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.
Furnari
Aquaphile

Post by Furnari »

Been diving out of 4-door Wranglers since OW- first an 08, now a 14. The 14 has a doo-hickey to keep the rear door open, which is nice. I don't know of anything special to add other than the usual things common to any SUV- good floor liners all around, a nice sized tote for wet stuff, etc. Some of our sites in OR are a little harder to get to, so having a Jeep is handy. Also, it's pretty sweet scuba driving to the coast with the top off- that's hard to do in any other SUV without a rather large can opener :)
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Post by Scubie Doo »

Furnari, thanks :) I agree, diving out of it with the top off. Hard to beat.
Linedog
I've Got Gills

Post by Linedog »

The Wrangler is the one where the top comes off? Never mind, wrong Jeep my fault.
Pop tarts and gravy,
It's what's for breakfast.