HOG high pressure seats

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

HOG high pressure seats

Post by Norris »

So it seems that if anything is going to go wrong on a D1 rebuild it might be the little plastic seat. Does anyone else rebuild HOG regulators that knows if you can buy these buy the (5) or whatever? Seems a bummer to have to buy an entire kit just for that piece, and yes I have some IP crawl and have narrowed down to this.
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Mateo1147
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: HOG high pressure seats

Post by Mateo1147 »

The reg set I rebuilt during my class had the exact same issue. IP would ramp up for no reason and free flow a second stage. New HP seat and no more problem. Scott said it was a known issue to him. Makes me sort of leary.......
You breath like a girl! -Blaiz
I thought she was right until I dove with eliseaboo!
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Well to be fair it's usually due to not getting it seated correctly (tech error). I did get a hold of them and I think I can get some for about 6.00 a piece. I may keep 5 around just in case.

I feel like I do a perfect job on that step, but just like Scott says..it happens...and otherwise I really like my regs
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

CAPTNJACK - 2012**