Away Team to ScubaJess

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Away Team to ScubaJess

Post by Tangfish »

This photo is for you, ScubaJess!

Wish you were here with us this weekend, lots of Trekkie X Scuba activities!
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Away Team to ScubaJess

Post by ScubaJess »

Holy SPOCK!!!!!!!!!! This is beyond amazing!!!!! :joshsmith: :joshsmith: :joshsmith:
You are way too cool! I cannot wait till next year so I can go with you! :partydance: :taco: :pirate:
How long was your dive? How was the viz? Did you wear your dry suit and spock weezle??? :eric:
Thanks so much for this!!!!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
I just love you guys!!!! :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Re: Away Team to ScubaJess

Post by Tangfish »

Dives were fairly short as I'll explain.

The first dive we had current hitting us from ALL directions! Up, down, every side... It was so weird. Even the bubbles were confused. I guess the turbulence of the pilings standing in such open water does weird things to the current. We dived the twin rigs (connected by a bridge) the one we put in on was Ellen.

Unfortunately it was kinda foggy all day so no huge sunburst shots, but it was still a pretty emerald color (they say sometimes it's blue) and vis was maybe 50-60 feet.

Second dive was on a different rig, Eureka, and it was MUCH better, hardly any current to speak of so I got to settle in and enjoy it more, think about composition, etc, instead of just try not to cork or plummet like a rock.

I was overweighted on the first dive because I had my thin Weezle (I've been sworn to secrecy about the Spock suit so I didn't bring it). I dropped 4 lbs and I think I should've done just 2.

Next weekend I'll do a 2 night boat in the Channel Islands. Any advice?