Virtual Dive Shop Tour in 360 "spherical" video

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Virtual Dive Shop Tour in 360 "spherical" video

Post by ljjames »

I'm still learning the in's and out's of shooting spherical video. Shot this on Thursday when I was in getting fills, spend a bit of yesterday doing the stitch/edit. I've learned that a) underwater is kinda easier because of all the blobby shapes and b) if I'm going to do more close up topside stuff I need to look at a 10 camera array as the H3Pro6 (6 camera array) Is a bit hard to stitch. The other thing (and I'm not sure if it's as much of a problem with the 10 camera system is you get to stitch for near or far, but not really both)

Hoping to get out and capture some 360 of the Jackstraw pilings, honey bear, brick pile, and box-land at C2, but need a bit of visibility to make that happen.

This will work on mobile and chrome/Firefox but no 360 yet for Safari, also you have to watch in YouTube mobile app, as if you play it here in the forum it will likely just look like an equirectangular video :computersmash: :computersmash:

phpBB [video]
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Virtual Dive Shop Tour in 360 "spherical" video

Post by Gdog »

Very cool! And I LOVE that you used Stevie Ray playing Little Wing as the music....
Steiger
Avid Diver

Re: Virtual Dive Shop Tour in 360 "spherical" video

Post by Steiger »

Awesome video. I've been meaning to check out 5th Dimension.