Bomber Line

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Bomber Line

Post by Norris »

What a shame. 4 divers get their plans together, gases, charge up the scooters, show up at Lake Washington at 7:30 am and gear up for a dive.

Get in the water, camera at the ready and find the first line. Follow this to the intersection that will lead to the plane, and someone has cut it up and left little 6 inch pieces all over. Really is a bummer to miss seeing the bomber due to some dumbass.

Sigh looks like we need a line fixing party...

:banghead:
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
ljjames
I've Got Gills

Re: Bomber Line

Post by ljjames »

Maybe someone wrapped a scooter prop up and had to cut it free and just hasn't had a chance to fix it yet? (giving the community benefit of the doubt)
I take it it was all gone, too far to find with gap reel and compass heading? (so next team going out knows what they might need to fix)
It would be cool if we had a (safe from mocking and name calling) way to give folks a heads up when something happens to a line "oh hey, had a bit of a line issue last week, bomber line not intact, trying to get back out to fix but here's whats up"... Anonymous "line report" hotline ;)
----
"I survived the Brittandrea Dorikulla, where's my T-shirt!"
Jeff Pack
I've Got Gills

Post by Jeff Pack »

Yes, as we've known about that broken line for several weeks. Usually Mark from 5D is Mr Fixit. He's a god at fixing lines.

To avoid that broken line, we go out to 100ft, hang a right, and intersect the deeper line.
=============================================

- I got a good squirt in my mouth
- I would imagine that there would be a large amount of involuntary gagging
- I don't know about you but I'm not into swallowing it

CCR discussion on Caustic Cocktails.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

I doubt the line was cut maliciously. I could go Saturday to fix it if someone wants to join.
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

I may have been a little emotion driven on my initial post as the line was looking as though it was cut in little pieces and almost intentionally left for someone to see, but then again I don't believe in the moon and pretty sure the earth is flat. :nutty:

I would have absolutely taken you up on that offer if I wasn't flying out the next day. If its not fixed when I get back, I would be happy to run some line with ya, Captn
**Pinch it, don't stick your finger through. You're just pinching a bigger hole.
CAPTNJACK - 2012**
bigsky
Dive-aholic

Post by bigsky »

line is repaired
i know the difference between right and wrong
wrong is usually the fun one
Norris
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Norris »

Oh yeahhhhhh
CAPTNJACK - 2012**