Alternative uses for drysuit undergarments

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
DecidedlyOdd
Aquaphile

Alternative uses for drysuit undergarments

Post by DecidedlyOdd »

After a nice dive at Edmonds Underwater Park sometime last year, I ended up taking a several month long hiatus from diving (work got busy, blah, blah, blah--all lame excuses, I know). When I finally got back in the water months later, I couldn't find my Santi BZ400 undergarment or undergarment bag anywhere. I chalked it up to carelessly leaving it in the EUP parking lot. Since several months had gone by, I figured it wasn't worth trying to track it down on here. Truth be told, after a few years of use, the Thinsulate had already lost some of its insulation and it seemed like my dives were chillier than before. So I decided to buy a new garment and move on.

Flash forward to today. My partner is walking down the street and sees a homeless guy wearing an inside-out jumpsuit with Santi suspenders hanging down! :eek: I can't say for sure that it was mine, but I mean how many missing Santi undergarments are wandering around Seattle on non-divers? At least it's keeping somebody warm this winter.
Last edited by DecidedlyOdd on Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Alternative uses for drysuit undergarments

Post by Gdog »

Haha. That is funny. I'm going to have to make sure my undergarment stays secure!
fmerkel
I've Got Gills

Re: Alternative uses for drysuit undergarments

Post by fmerkel »

I use my old fleece a lot in the winter. It's warm and easy to get in and out of. We keep the house fairly cool that time of year. But, can't say how I'd react to see a stranger wearing it.
To Air is Human,
To Respire, Divine.