local stream invertebrate and water quality job

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

local stream invertebrate and water quality job

Post by CaptnJack »

Not sure how many of you all might be interested, but the science unit here at King County has an entry level position open right now. I encourage qualified applicants to apply. No diving involved in case you are wondering, there may be opportunities to help out with salmon reed snorkel surveys occasionally and similar field projects.

Description for post:
The Water and Land Resources Division of King County (Seattle, WA) is looking for a stream ecologist for a Water Quality Planner I position. The person selected for this position will be expected to provide technical assistance and services for studies and projects in stream and river ecosystems generally focused on conducting macroinvertebrate, habitat and water quality investigations in King County. The person should have a broad ecological background and experience analyzing and interpreting water quality data. Knowledge and experience with stream ecology, macroinvertebrates, riparian habitat and water quality are necessary, but relevant skills in fisheries, wetlands and amphibians, in addition to aquatic toxicology are also desirable. The applicant will also provide technical support for a variety of water quality projects that range from stormwater quality to contaminant impacts. Applicants should have statistical and data analysis skills, in addition to experience using databases and GIS for spatial analysis and map development. King County and The Water and Land Resources Division value diverse perspectives and life experiences and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQ, people with disabilities, and veterans.

Link to King County jobs page - search for Water Quality I position:
http://www.kingcounty.gov/audience/empl ... .aspx#jobs
Sounder wrote:Under normal circumstances, I would never tell another man how to shave his balls... but this device should not be kept secret.
60south
Pelagic

Re: local stream invertebrate and water quality job

Post by 60south »

Thanks for posting that!

Also, a microbiologist job with the USGS popped up today. The description says it's in Nordland but I'm pretty sure it's at the USGS lab at Marrowstone Point (a neat place if you ever get a private tour!). If I was a microbiologist I'd be all over this...

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476609800