Not diving for a while

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Not diving for a while

Post by pogiguy05 »

Well yesterday I was out walking a trail in Milton,WA. and it is a paved path. About 45 minutes in or half way we stopped to use the porta potty and when I came out I knew something did not feel right. Instead of listening to that voice in my head that said maybe you should sit down i started walking. Wife and Son were on each side of me and just as I was telling them i did not feel right the lights went out. next thing I knew it was like you see in the movies. You slowly start to see some light and things start to slowly come into focus and then your like where am I and why am I looking at the tree tops. meanwhile wife is telling me to stay awake like I had any control over that anyways. i fell like a tree and my tongue discovered a hole in my lip and missing 2 missing teeth. A guy who was riding his bike stopped and ask if they needed help and wife had him use her phone to talk to 911. He also went down to the point where the street was to guide them back to me. So even though i do not know who it was i would like to thank him for his help. Went to Good Sam and got checked out. everything was clear so i was probably dehydrated and as the doctor explained the blood drained from my head and my other blood vessels failed to pump enough back up to keep me standing. Irony is I have a dentist appointment this morning at 10am so they will be surprise to see i dont need a cleaning but maybe some xrays and estimate on repairs. So Hydrate people even though we live in a cooler shady climate you do not want any of this face planting on hard pavement to happen to you. This has been a public service announcement you have been warned.
Attachments
OH SO PRETTY I'm SO PRETTY ;-)
OH SO PRETTY I'm SO PRETTY ;-)
Jeff Castor
Scubie Doo
I've Got Gills

Re: Not diving for a while

Post by Scubie Doo »

Yikes. Glad you are okay. I must say though, you look like an old school hockey star.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ScubaJess
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by ScubaJess »

I'm so sorry to hear this, hope you heal up quick!
Live Long And Prosper!!!

Stay Warm underwater with the Weezle Extreme Plus undergarment! Please let me know if you would like to order one or have any questions. :luv: :partydance: :eric: :taco:
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Dude!!!! That is harsh!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Oh no! :(
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
H20doctor
I've Got Gills

Post by H20doctor »

oh man , so sorry to hear the news .. glad you are ok and alive ... Ive had the same thing happen to me , stand up way to fast to see whats going on >> and had a complete black out just like you .. Lights Out , no vision , fell , smacked my head , concussion .. 2 weeks to recover ..
glad you are recovering
NWDC Rule #2 Pictures Or it didn't Happen
Gdog
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Gdog »

Happened to me too. I got Dain Bramage.
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Thanks for the well wishes and today had the badly broken tooth removed and now sitting still with gauze trying to stop the bleeding. Feeling much better or might be the Vicodin talking. I will be out of town from August 28th to Sept 4th for my moms 80th birthday, but she dont know so SHHHHHHH ;-) After I get back gonna be a crown/bridge to make me look normal again. Probably gonna cost me next years Bonaire trip. :penelope:

I was gonna make up a story about being out and running into Connor Mcgregor and getting into it with him over the fight coming up. Sounds better then passing out and face planting. Wounds heal and pride recovers and OH move over for light and sirens cause one day it might be meant for you. :police: Hydrate people even though we live in this colder climate dont take it for granted.
Jeff Castor
coulterboy
Amphibian

Post by coulterboy »

You can't be called the "pogi" guy anymore. I guess you'll be back to that status after it gets fixed. :)
When was the last time you did something for the first time?
dlh
Submariner

Post by dlh »

Save the Bonaire Trip. Just buy a few hockey jerseys and call it done!

Get well soon!
Dave
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Yeh doing much better, but have had a light headed feeling that is finally getting better. Seen doctor who just told me what i already thought was a head concussion. Just need to take it easy for now. Stitches still inside the lip and have to wait 6 weeks to get dental work done. they will do a couple of crowns with a bridge so it looks like I have the missing tooth. Can I be the spokes person for hydration? Drink water and not in the form of coffee. Also if you feel dizzy dont listen to that other voice that says "it will pass" sit down or lay down. You do not want your face to break your fall like me. :smt064
Jeff Castor
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Wow, sorry to hear about this unpleasant experience, but sounds like you're in good spirits considering!

On the bright side, you get to say "you should've seen the other guy!" for a week or two.

Heal up and you'll be reforming that SeaCure mouthpiece in no time.