Our Maverick Is All Grown Up

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Our Maverick Is All Grown Up

Post by Tangfish »

Hi Folks, I'm happy to announce that our very own Maverick (BJ) is opening his first business this coming Monday. Metropolitan Detail is the name and making all types of cars, trucks and boats shine is their game. I know firsthand how hard it can be to pull it off, so I thought we could send our boy off with a bang (and a beer) next week.

What do y'all think about joining up to have a small celebration for BJ at the Kirkland Avenue Pub next Thursday evening at 7 PM ? (if anyone has a better suggestion, please feel free to make it)

If you're in, let us know and email this to any friends or other divers you think would like to join us for a drink after the long work day. I'll be inviting the other staff at the dive shop where BJ worked too.

Congratulations Maverick!
:wav:
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

I'll be there! Gotta have a toast for the entrepreneur. :partyman:
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Dougie Fresh says he'll be there too. Alright, time and date are set. Who else is coming?! :bounce:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Can't come, but congrats and good luck! :partyman:
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Thursday night wont work for me. :-({|= Sounds like its gonna be fun good luck with your new venture.. mabey you can polish my truck soon!!
Who run barter town?
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Hey folks, a few of you have said that you can't make it on Thursday night. BJ, Doug and I were talking and throwing around the idea of moving the party to Saturday evening around 6:30. Does that work better or worse for anyone?
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Saturday's cool w/ me as well. \:D/

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Okay, Saturday at 7 at Kirkland Avenue Pub it is!

See y'all there :supz:
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

As much as id like to be there I cant make it as I will be in Ellensburg. So have a beer on me!! :partyman:
Who run barter town?
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

Thanks everyone for a good night and good wishes last night. It was awesome and there sure was no shortage of booze. Nailer even brought Jamison, MMMM Thankso for setting it up cal;vin and thanks for the shots. I was nice to meet your wife Nailer, Paula, A pretty name for a Pretty woman.
Mav
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Aww, shucks- you're a silver-tongued devil, arentcha, Mav? It was our pleasure to toast your success- You're gonna be the detail king of Seattle, bud!