So here I am at SEATAC

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

So here I am at SEATAC

Post by Pez7378 »

I wonder why they thought it necessary to do a Bomb Swab on my carry on? Maybe because I borrowed the bag from Joe, and I thought Hmmm, I wonder if Joe used this bag when he went shooting or something. Or perhaps its because he wrapped a present for me to take with me, and told me not to open it until I got there? Now How stupid am I NOT to think this was a bad idea until after they do a Bomb Swab? So I ask the girl if its some sort of GSR test (GunShotResidue). I dont know the right name for the explosives equivalent. She says, well, I dont know the exact name of the test but yeah, its for explosives..................I wonder what kind of present Joe and Debbie sent with me to the Philippines. Have a good time everyone. I will try to keep in touch.
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

... or maybe they just think you look like a terrorist ... [-X

Have fun in the Philippines ... :partyman:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Marc
Extreme Diving Machine

Re: So here I am at SEATAC

Post by Marc »

They are testing for high levels of nitrates and things that are common in RDX, Semtex, ANFO and TNT
Pez7378 wrote:I wonder why they thought it necessary to do a Bomb Swab on my carry on? Maybe because I borrowed the bag from Joe, and I thought Hmmm, I wonder if Joe used this bag when he went shooting or something. Or perhaps its because he wrapped a present for me to take with me, and told me not to open it until I got there? Now How stupid am I NOT to think this was a bad idea until after they do a Bomb Swab? So I ask the girl if its some sort of GSR test (GunShotResidue). I dont know the right name for the explosives equivalent. She says, well, I dont know the exact name of the test but yeah, its for explosives..................I wonder what kind of present Joe and Debbie sent with me to the Philippines. Have a good time everyone. I will try to keep in touch.
Reporter: "The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?"

Raikkonen: "It protects my head."
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

When I was in law enforcement, I used to use my range bag as my carry on because it was the perfect size and had all the right pockets in the right places. I got a swabbed several times on various trips and only once did it register. The police ID helped my explaination. I've sense purchased an identical bag for traveling... without any GSR. \:D/
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
CaptnJack
I've Got Gills

Post by CaptnJack »

My canister light batteries get swabbed every time...
pogiguy05
I've Got Gills

Post by pogiguy05 »

Your going to the Philippines?? You lucky man you. I wish I could go. I was there with wife earlier this year. April-May I did a couple dives and really enjoyed the lack of all the wetsuit you have to put on. I had a I feel so stupid moment as well. they gave me the 3mm wetsuit which I put on and was wondering why it was really kinda choking me. Only to have the DM say you got it on backwards. #-o #-o :la: Which then I realized just what that really long piece attached to the zipper was for then. :bootyshake: Darn rookie

Have fun in the Philippines. my dad is there and will be back Dec 12th.
Jeff Castor
Grateful Diver
I've Got Gills

Post by Grateful Diver »

Don't feel bad ... we had a fellow at our dive club Christmas Party win an award for putting on his drysuit backwards ... =D>

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
jeff98208
Aquanaut

Post by jeff98208 »

granted i have never had a problem with my luggage at airports, but every time i go thru a metal detector at an airport, i always set the blasted thing off. no metal of any kind, this includes my wedding ring. and after about a half hour they finaly wise up and say "you must have a high iron count..." i'll have to read more on that.... :book: have a good time in the philippines.
TAKE only pictures, KILL only time, LEAVE only bubbles!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

My petite, innocent-looking sister ALWAYS gets the bomb swab. Once she had a small Beaker doll in her bag, and when they opened it up to swab it that was the first thing the guy saw. He burst out laughing and couldn't stop giggling while he was doing the test.

Come to the nerd side, we have pi!