Hot

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Hot

Post by Joshua Smith »

Holy crap, it's hot! I just went out and hosed down my roof and all the areas around my house so I could get a little evaporative cooling going on. Any of you lucky bastages got AC? You do? Bite me. I'm about ready to drive down to cove 2 and jump in without my gear on.
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I have AC beeyotch and man is is nice, I am dreading going to work in the heat tomorrow, i hat ethe heat, well dry is is not as bad but we only have moist sticky sweaty itchy heat here. thnak god it is only for a few months od the year and the rest are mild and wet. :angryfire:
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES. NOT REALLY GOOD FOR
ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE
STAIRS.
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Heck yeah!! I got AC and it gets 14 miles to the gallon!! :supz:
Who run barter town?
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

MIne gets 11 in the citty and 19 on high way, but has room for dive gear
Maverick

Diving. . . is an active physical form of meditation. It is so silent- You're like a thought.

STAIRS.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

20 MPG, it has air, and I can carry all of you guys dive gear, plus my own, and a buncha power tools, too! :bootyshake:

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I for one am glad to be back to the office with AC!

Hey Nailer, I'm liking that new avatar of yours. Must've been a very talented photographer!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

I have one of those single room units that has a hose to the window. It's cold and dry in the bedroom and hot in the rest of the house. Erica and I spent most of the weekend in the bedroom \:D/ or in/near the water. At Mukilteo I was HOT in my wetsuit at 40'! I was opening my suit to let water in!

My recommendation: go to the grocery store, open the freezer section door, and stare at the different food items pretending you're trying to decide. The cold produce section at Costco is another great place to hang out.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

Calvin Tang wrote:I for one am glad to be back to the office with AC!

Hey Nailer, I'm liking that new avatar of yours. Must've been a very talented photographer!
Yeah, he's pretty good. But he's one of those arty-type photographers who's always screaming weird stuff like: "The camera is your lover! You want to make love to zee camera!" and "I VILL NOT VORK MIT DESE AMATURES! I AM UN ARTISTE!" you know, one of those guys. But he takes nice pics, so I guess I'll keep using him until somebody more normal comes along..... :supz:

DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Nailer99 wrote:20 MPG, it has air, and I can carry all of you guys dive gear, plus my own, and a buncha power tools, too! :bootyshake:
That things got AC??? Im jealous I want one!!
Who run barter town?
Maverick
I've Got Gills

Post by Maverick »

I want one too. have also heard he wears fleece suits and lofers
Maverick

STAIRS.
lamont
I've Got Gills

Post by lamont »

i was up until 2am in the morning last thursday night on the computer in my 'bedroom' which is basically a converted attic. it does the lovely thing where the storage area running around the room and the whole structure heats up and then it radiates into my bedroom like a clay oven long after the sun goes down. i ran out on friday and bought a 12,000 btu spot cooler with the hoses that run out the window (had to go out a skylight, so i couldn't get a window-mounted unit). the A/C still falls behind, but if i point it directly at my chair its pretty nice and by the time i go to bed its gotten tolerable...

i'm going to have to pull another 2am worknight on thursday, hopefully it will have dropped about 10 degrees by then...
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

I am melting right now with this little powerplant (Powerbook) in front of me. I need to go for a dip! :sign10: