Dare I say it? Is it time to plan another CLUB DIVE!?!?

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
spatman
I've Got Gills

Dare I say it? Is it time to plan another CLUB DIVE!?!?

Post by spatman »

:dontknow:
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Re: Dare I say it? Is it time to plan another CLUB DIVE!?!?

Post by Penopolypants »

Club dive in June, Hood Canal Trip in July. My 2 psi. :)
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
submarine
Avid Diver

Post by submarine »

Stacy and I missed the last one. We are looking forward to meeting more of the club. Our vote is June 21st or 22nd. Anywhere with water would be great to us.
Matt & Stacy

Do We Dive?... Of Course!
Life Is An Adventure...
It is not the destination that is the most rewarding,
It is the journey along the way!

http://i-rv.net/gallery/main.php
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

late july is no good for me. other than that i'm open.
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

You know it's gonna come up, so I say we should plan it on a Tuesday!

You're welcome Bassman! :supz:
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

Tuesday is by far the best day for a club dive...... Doesn't everyone work weekends like Keith and I do?
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Oh Spatman, you've done it now!! #-o

You've got to just pick a day and go for it - you can't fit with everyone's schedule.

FWIW - The Dive Around the Clock starts on July 25th and finishes aon the 26st at Redondo. What about making a club appearance while supporting the fundraiser? We could certainly increase the diver-pool, support a great cause, meet new people, and have an awesome time... and everyone who registered would get a t-shirt!!

Just a thought. :dontknow:

http://www.divearoundtheclock.com \:D/
Last edited by Sounder on Fri May 30, 2008 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Sounder wrote:Oh Spatman, you've done it now!! #-o
haha, i'm a troublemaker, aren't i?
Sounder wrote:You've got to just pick a day and go for it - you can't fit with everyone's schedule.

FWIW - The Dive Around the Clock starts at 4pm on July 20th and finishes at 4pm on the 21st at Redondo. What about making a club appearance while supporting the fundraiser? We could certainly increase the diver-pool, support a great cause, meet new people, and have an awesome time... and everyone who registered would get a t-shirt!!

Just a thought. :dontknow:

imho, a NWDC presence would be great, but it may not be the best venue for a club dive...
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

For the Hood Canal trip, the only date that would work for me is the weekend before July 4th, which just so happens to be the weekend this trip has taken place the last two years.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Sounder wrote:FWIW - The Dive Around the Clock starts at 4pm on July 20th and finishes at 4pm on the 21st at Redondo. What about making a club appearance while supporting the fundraiser? We could certainly increase the diver-pool, support a great cause, meet new people, and have an awesome time... and everyone who registered would get a t-shirt!!
Actually, it's July 25th-26th. I'm playing the evening of the 25th at the Triple Door, but the crazy part of my brain (let's face it-it's over half) says I should hit Redondo at about 3 or 4 AM.

As far as the club dive goes, pick a weekend, and if I can make it, I'll make it. No day is really good for me in the summer, it being the silly season for gigs.
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Executive decision! The club dive will be on the 22nd of June! :bounce:

It is again another craptastic day for currents, so we'd need to go to the usual suspects. I would prefer NOT to go to Rendondo since we went there for the last club dive but I'll roll with it one way or another.

The research I have done for the Hood Canal trip was for the weekend of July 12th.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

scottsax wrote:
Sounder wrote:FWIW - The Dive Around the Clock starts at 4pm on July 20th and finishes at 4pm on the 21st at Redondo. What about making a club appearance while supporting the fundraiser? We could certainly increase the diver-pool, support a great cause, meet new people, and have an awesome time... and everyone who registered would get a t-shirt!!
Actually, it's July 25th-26th. I'm playing the evening of the 25th at the Triple Door, but the crazy part of my brain (let's face it-it's over half) says I should hit Redondo at about 3 or 4 AM.

As far as the club dive goes, pick a weekend, and if I can make it, I'll make it. No day is really good for me in the summer, it being the silly season for gigs.
Crap! #-o You're right! =D> Hey Valerie - the 2007 DATC website is STILL up and is VERY similar to the 2008 website in its address... might want to let them know! #-o :dontknow:

Well, I'm hoping to be there depending on what Soundlet decides to do.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Penopolypants wrote:Executive decision! The club dive will be on the 22nd of June! :bounce:

It is again another craptastic day for currents, so we'd need to go to the usual suspects. I would prefer NOT to go to Rendondo since we went there for the last club dive but I'll roll with it one way or another.

The research I have done for the Hood Canal trip was for the weekend of July 12th.
Atta girl!! :supz: That's the kind of planning we need!! :naka: Are you taking notes Spatman? :book: This is how a club dive is planned. :smt038
dwashbur
I've Got Gills

Post by dwashbur »

Looks like we'll miss this one. If y'all could wait until late August or early September we could be there, but in June and July we'll be in Monterey, playing with monkeyface eels and gopher rockfish :bootyshake:

OTOH, I do like some of the dates that were suggested; June 14 is our anniversary (heading toward 28 years next month), and July 20 is my birthday (heading toward... never mind).
Dave

"Clearly, you weren't listening to what I'm about to say."
--
Check out my Internet show:
http://www.irvingszoo.com
submarine
Avid Diver

Post by submarine »

Stacy and I are in on June 22nd.
Matt & Stacy

Life Is An Adventure...

spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Sounder wrote:Are you taking notes Spatman? :book: This is how a club dive is planned. :smt038
no, sounder, this is how a club dive is planned:

1. suggest a club dive
2. let other people decide! \:D/

... and the 22nd works for me! good job, penopolypants.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

spatman wrote:
Sounder wrote:Are you taking notes Spatman? :book: This is how a club dive is planned. :smt038
no, sounder, this is how a club dive is planned:

1. suggest a club dive
2. let other people decide! \:D/

... and the 22nd works for me! good job, penopolypants.
Someday you'll learn the better way to plan a club dive... but I suppose that'll come after the frogkick, eh? :bootyshake: :evil4:
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

Sounder wrote:
Someday you'll learn the better way to plan a club dive... but I suppose that'll come after the frogkick, eh? :bootyshake: :evil4:
On the contrary, he's got it right! He gets to sit back and make suggestions without having to actually work. Very clever!
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Penopolypants wrote:
Sounder wrote:
On the contrary, he's got it right! He gets to sit back and make suggestions without having to actually work. Very clever!
that's right! and my frogkick is coming along very nicely, thank you very much.

but let's not talk about my back-kick...
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

spatman wrote:
Penopolypants wrote:
Sounder wrote:
that's right! and my frogkick is coming along very nicely, thank you very much.

but let's not talk about my back-kick...
Well, I suppose since Spatman is used to having to be bailed out by GIRLS, this makes sense. :-({|= BTW - how IS that back-kick coming along? :evil4:
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Sounder wrote:Well, I suppose since Spatman is used to having to be bailed out by GIRLS, this makes sense. :-({|= BTW - how IS that back-kick coming along? :evil4:
i am secure enough in my masculinity to not have any problems relinquishing control to members of the opposite gender. :bootyshake:

and my back-kick sucks, thank you very much.
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

spatman wrote:
Sounder wrote:Well, I suppose since Spatman is used to having to be bailed out by GIRLS, this makes sense. :-({|= BTW - how IS that back-kick coming along? :evil4:
i am secure enough in my masculinity to not have any problems relinquishing control to members of the opposite gender. :bootyshake:
So you're saying you intentionally pawn your load off on women? You bastard. :axe:

SO... who's available for the club dive on the 22nd?! Tides suck so we're looking at somewhere non-current sensitive. Preferrably somewhere Spatman won't need his non-back-kick. :bootyshake:
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

Sounder wrote:So you're saying you intentionally pawn your load off on women? You bastard. :axe:

SO... who's available for the club dive on the 22nd?! Tides suck so we're looking at somewhere non-current sensitive. Preferrably somewhere Spatman won't need his non-back-kick. :bootyshake:
hah, not intentionally, but if a woman wants to take control, i certainty won't stop her! in fact, many of us enjoy it...

anyway, CLUB DIVE on the 22nd!!
submarine
Avid Diver

Post by submarine »

spatman wrote:
Sounder wrote:So you're saying you intentionally pawn your load off on women? You bastard. :axe:

hah, not intentionally, but if a woman wants to take control, i certainty won't stop her! in fact, many of us enjoy it...

anyway, CLUB DIVE on the 22nd!!
Hey now! I'm one of us who enjoys the fruits of a women's labor. I work FOR my wife.

Anyway, DIVING on the 22nd! Location?
Matt & Stacy

Life Is An Adventure...

Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Hey, wasn't the last Club dive planned for the 22nd as well? I'm seeing a pattern here. Sorry can't make it, it's the first day after the first day of summer. I have plans. Wouldn't that be great if the club dive was happening at the same place I'm planning on going?!?!