Everything is bigger in Texas....except the ferries

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
kwbyron
Aquaphile

Everything is bigger in Texas....except the ferries

Post by kwbyron »

I had to make a run up to the Aransas National Wildlife Refuge to pick up some turtle eggs last week, which required a "ferry" ride in Port Aranses...lol, ya'll would love it. Holds maybe 8 cars, the entire trip takes 5 minutes...but hey, it's free! I tried to find some photos for you, but none of them did it justice.
-Kevin
I feel like a fish out of the water when I'm not diving.
lurch
Compulsive Diver

Re: Everything is bigger in Texas....except the ferries

Post by lurch »

kwbyron wrote:I had to make a run up to the Aransas National Wildlife Refuge to pick up some turtle eggs last week, which required a "ferry" ride in Port Aranses...lol, ya'll would love it. Holds maybe 8 cars, the entire trip takes 5 minutes...but hey, it's free! I tried to find some photos for you, but none of them did it justice.
[Grumble] I bet they'll let you sink it when it dies... [/Grumble]

When are you coming back for a visit?!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Yeah, I still have your drysuit undies ans some other misc. stuff you left behind. Next time take pictures! That's why you have that fancy camera!
kwbyron
Aquaphile

Post by kwbyron »

I'll get some photos...I was SO mad that I left my camera in my car (I was in a work vehicle) for that trip...I saw some wild boars, turkey, Roseate Spoonbill, white and blue herrines, armadillos, and some other critters. Oh, well, I'll go bach to the park again soon, I'm sure. I will be back up to Seattle at the end of July I think...I have to finish up some research. I will deffinately try to get some diving in though....going through a bit of a dry spell down here.
-Kevin
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Sweet. You may want to change you location in your profile, and you most definately need a Sea trutle avatar.
kwbyron
Aquaphile

Post by kwbyron »

HaZA! All is updated, the turtle I named PITA... it's an acronym for how she behaved while being worked up.
-Kevin