RUNAWAY!!!!!

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
kwbyron
Aquaphile

RUNAWAY!!!!!

Post by kwbyron »

Seems a little futile to move 250 miles inland to avoid a storm that's forecasted to be 500 miles across...but what the heck, no classes! Ya'll go ahead and enjoy your temperate environment, I'm going to sit on my porch in my dive gear and wait for Ike, It's the closet thing to diving I've been able to do so far.
-Kevin
I feel like a fish out of the water when I'm not diving.
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Re: RUNAWAY!!!!!

Post by Joshua Smith »

Keep your head down and be safe, my man!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Yeah, we've been keeping a close eye on these storms, although for a purely selfish reason. We leave for Bonaire Friday night on a red eye!

Since we are flying through Miami we should bypass this storm fairly easily... We know people scheduled to fly out of Houston on Saturday that are probably not going to make it.

Be safe!
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
kwbyron
Aquaphile

Post by kwbyron »

Well, we dodge the storm... although my brother goes to school in Alvin, which got hit. He is out for a week right now. We got to watch his apt on the news, which was entertaining.
-Kevin
I feel like a fish out of the water when I'm not diving.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Glad to hear you made it through the storm. Hopefully most others faired well also.