Marrige RIP

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
ArmyJeff
Avid Diver

Marrige RIP

Post by ArmyJeff »

Well....I got home today and my wife was gone...all her stuff was gone...all the pets were gone.....and she left print outs of e-mails from the past 3 moths detailing her cheating. BUT SHE LEFT THE SCUBA GEAR WOOT!!! :supz: Any ladies looking for a date? And is anyone on here a Lawyer or know a good family practice Lawyer?
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Thank God she didnt take the gear!!! \:D/
Who run barter town?
ArmyJeff
Avid Diver

Post by ArmyJeff »

The gear is already stowed in her former closet =D>
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

Army Jeff:

I had this happpen to me a while back when I lived in Ohio
only think I can say Bro is I feel your pain and the sun will come up tomorrow no matter what you do so my advice is look foward to the sun comeing up every thing will work its self out in the end

Thank God the Dive Gear is safe

and rember ever need to talk feel free to call a dive budy
we take care if each other on the surface too you know

Sorry Bro let me know if I can be of any help

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
Sergeant Pepper
Perma Narc'd

Post by Sergeant Pepper »

Wow ... classless.
ArmyJeff
Avid Diver

Post by ArmyJeff »

Yeah......it's been a rough day. Her Mom called me and started yelling at ME! I was all like...your daughter is a s^&%.......she disagreed. At least I still have my gear.
scubagrunt
Avid Diver

Post by scubagrunt »

sorry to hear this! That is really really low! [-X
diver-dad
Compulsive Diver

Post by diver-dad »

Jeff -

I am truly sorry to hear about this. That just isn't right!
ArmyJeff wrote:Well....I got home today and my wife was gone...all her stuff was gone...all the pets were gone.....and she left print outs of e-mails from the past 3 moths detailing her cheating. BUT SHE LEFT THE SCUBA GEAR WOOT!!! :supz: Any ladies looking for a date? And is anyone on here a Lawyer or know a good family practice Lawyer?
You mean she gave you the evidence for you to use in court?? ... cool!

My advice: if its really over, find yourself a good lawyer.

ArmyJeff wrote:Yeah......it's been a rough day. Her Mom called me and started yelling at ME! I was all like...your daughter is a s^&%.......she disagreed. At least I still have my gear.
So she screws around on you , and you're the bad guy??

Unbelieveable!

... The best of luck to you as you get through this.
Last edited by diver-dad on Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- DD

"Always do right -- this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
-Mark Twain
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Jeff,
Sorry to hear about your problem, I hope everything works out.
Please be Safe on any dives you do during these stressfull times.
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

wow; that's not cool! what a beeyotch!!!

joking aside, i do hope you're doing okay ... i'm sure that even though it might be a good thing, there are likely a lot of mixed feelings, and you definitely have our support.

sorry i'm not a lawyer, and i don't really associate with any. (can you blame me?) but if i think of someone who might have a connection i will send you their info.
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Hey Jeff - that really sucks man, I'm sorry to hear that.

Whatever you do, don't talk to anyone unless they're your attorney or until your attorney says to talk. Don't "roll over" and just give everything away just because you want to avoid any problems. Finally, don't liquidate anything until you talk to an attorney.

I called Mrs. Sounder (attorney) and she is sending me contact information for a referral for you. I will PM you the name & contact info when she calls me back. I'm sure there are many people here who could also recommend attorneys equally as qualified - the biggest concern for you is protecting your rights so don't take any drastic actions... yet.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Tough Stuff...
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

That sucks.... or maybe it doesn't (in the long run). However, we do have a family law attorney right here in the dive club: Diver_C
lamont
I've Got Gills

Post by lamont »

wow, what a cold b@#$&.

but, look at the upside:

- its clearly over, no stringing your emotions along
- she gave you all the evidence you need to hand to a lawyer
- good riddance
- more time for diving
- more cash for diving
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

RIP?

Post by Pez7378 »

Man, that's too bad. Why is it the only guys I hear of this happening to are in the military? I mean, I know guys that get divorced and stuff but I'm talking about the cold, mean spirited creative F U Im leaving type stuff?

So here's a guy who is serving his country, trying to have a normal life and take care of his family, wife, kids etc. So while he's gone doing his duty, she's out doing everyone else.

Sorry to hear about the wife, GLAD to hear she left the DIVE GEAR!
ArmyJeff
Avid Diver

Post by ArmyJeff »

lamont wrote:wow, what a cold b@#$%&.

but, look at the upside:

- its clearly over, no stringing your emotions along
- she gave you all the evidence you need to hand to a lawyer
- good riddance
- more time for diving
- more cash for diving

I have wanted to do a dive trip to mexico or Palau for soooo long and she never wanted to go.........can you say club trip to La Paz, Mexico.
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

NWDC wants to keep open minded folks that like to dive and discuss whatever. "We" the club only ask that the name calling and profanity should be kept to a minimum. I edited a few words that I didn't think were that out of line, but maybe a little to harsh. The last thing this board wants to do is to edit or moderate posts. I think the members understand that this is a great diving resource in the Northwest. I hope this doesn't come across the wrong way..

I hope things get better for you soon armyjeff, I could only imagine how your feeling lately. I'm sure it was a pretty crushing blow. All jokes aside about the dive gear, keep your head up man!! :salute:
Who run barter town?
diver-dad
Compulsive Diver

Post by diver-dad »

ArmyJeff wrote: I have wanted to do a dive trip to mexico or Palau for soooo long and she never wanted to go.........can you say club trip to La Paz, Mexico.
Jeff -

Sounds like you're getting your life in line. That will take time, with good days and bad. Just know that your friends are here to watch your six.

We wish you the best.

To all -

Now I don't personally know Jeff (hope to have the pleasure of diving with him one day) or his wife, but I wanted to share some thoughts and experiences with you on this ...

As some may know from some of my postings, I am in the service too (Navy), and have been for many years. The life of an Army / Navy / Marine wife is very hard when faced with long deployment of their husbands, and many can't take the stress of home, car, bills, kids, etc. Try to imagine your spouse going away for 6 months or a year without seeing them except for a few of days over that time if you're lucky and you've got responsibility for EVERYTHING. There are times when even those who really are truely committed to their husbands break under the stress of thinking they may never see them alive again.

Even in the ballistic missile submarine community (like in PACNORWEST) where you have a pretty regular schedule and subs do not go out for very long periods, it has been a problem.

I am in no way excusing what happened here to Jeff, but I want to put it in perspective for those who really have had no experience with it.

Over the years, I have seen sailors experience just about every kind of marriage problem that you can imagine, and in matters of the heart, it can tear even the strongest man down. You (and the other people in their chain of command) lead them to the help they need, give them your best advice, and help them as you can. Some take it; some do not.

(Some may have noticed that I excluded the USAF and USCG in what I said. Now I could good-naturedly tease the USAF folks about golf courses, etc, but in reality, I don't know much about their tours of duty overseas, so I can't comment. As for USCG, besides having to meet the minimum 6 ft height requirement (to be able to wade to shore) again. I can't say much of them them either from first hand knowledge.)

Suffice it to say, it ain't no cake-walk in any of the services and right now, USMC and USA have it the hardest. :salute: To support the campaign, lately, there are factions within services that have not traditionally been associated with ground forces who are now finding themselves in Iraq. Lots of stress and responsibility is placed on the wives such that it requires real strength of character and maturity to persevere. Many are not up to it, particularly those who got married right out of HS or college. I have seen it too many times.

The services all have various degrees of family assistance, support, and counseling (FOC) - (including preventative help before deployment), the success is mixed for various reasons, but help is there if the troops and their spouses seek it out.

(Now don't any of you get PC on me. I focused on the wives leaving the active duty husbands because that is what happens in the the vast majority of the cases. Active duty wives who have civilian husbands are a minority. I imagine the same kids of issues exist.)
- DD

-Mark Twain
diver-dad
Compulsive Diver

Post by diver-dad »

To all -

One last thought and then I'll leave it ...

Remember that even those who part under extreme conditions can reconcile and get back together, so I'd be careful in how you describe or refer to Jeff's wife right now.

You never know what will happen, or if you may meet them together in the future.

As for now, lets give Jeff the support he needs.

Just my $0.02

Thanks to all!
- DD

-Mark Twain
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

[quote="diver-dad"]
Remember that even those who part under extreme conditions can reconcile and get back together, so I'd be careful in how you describe or refer to Jeff's wife right now.

You never know what will happen, or if you may meet them together in the future.

Good Point!
Well Said! =D>
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

It's too bad she chose such an overtly cruel way to let you know it was over. But she left the SCUBA gear and it seems she had an opportunity to really do some damage if she knew how much you loved to dive.

Calm seas and warm winds, Jeff.

Dave

PS You should have your gear checked over very carefully before you dive it!
Curt McNamee
Dive-aholic

Post by Curt McNamee »

Hi Jeff- I also feel your pain and frustration ](*,) . I found that diving, and maybe some :partyman: was my only saving grace during the stressful time that I had during problems like this.

When I am diving, the dive is all I am thinking about. All the other negative thoughts are gone and put on hold.

More reason than ever to go diving \:D/

Hang in there, it does get better!!!!!!!!
Curt McNamee
rEvo & KISS Classic Diver
http://www.silentscuba.com
ArmyJeff
Avid Diver

Post by ArmyJeff »

Thank all of you SO much for you support....I think once I have scrubbed the house of everthing related to her and I've had some time to reflect....I'm gonna host a NWDC BBQ at my house...keg provided. We can all dive Sunnyside beforehand since I live only a couple of miles from there.
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Perfect! I'll be there!
diver-dad
Compulsive Diver

Post by diver-dad »

ArmyJeff wrote:....I'm gonna host a NWDC BBQ at my house...keg provided. We can all dive Sunnyside beforehand since I live only a couple of miles from there.
Excellent idea - I'd love to finally meet you all!
- DD

-Mark Twain