Marrige RIP

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
ArmyJeff
Avid Diver

Post by ArmyJeff »

Ok....im thinking a tentative Labor day weekend throw down......details to come soon.
sparky
I've Got Gills

Post by sparky »

ArmyJeff wrote:Ok....im thinking a tentative Labor day weekend throw down......details to come soon.
ROCK ON BRO

Im off that weekend to so I could make it
and I have never dove That site yet
be a good reason to go

let me know

Sparky
A Smart Man
Learns from his mistakes

A Wise Man
Learns from the mistakes of those that have gone before him
diver-dad
Compulsive Diver

Post by diver-dad »

ArmyJeff wrote:Ok....im thinking a tentative Labor day weekend throw down......details to come soon.
Sorry guys - I've got that weekend planned out already. Gonna have to take a rain check.
- DD

"Always do right -- this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
-Mark Twain
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

Bummer dude!

Let's hope you ex isn't like mine! In '85 we divorced and in '86 I was reassigned to Germany. In '87 my CO received a call from MPI that one of his soldiers was using a stolen idenity.......... My ex had decided to have me declared legally dead!!! Now that was fun!
It's not broken - it's just missing duct tape!
thelawgoddess
Pelagic

Post by thelawgoddess »

diver-dad wrote:The life of an Army / Navy / Marine wife is very hard when faced with long deployment of their husbands, and many can't take the stress of home, car, bills, kids, etc. Try to imagine your spouse going away for 6 months or a year without seeing them except for a few of days over that time if you're lucky and you've got responsibility for EVERYTHING.
this is certainly a huge issue, and entirely understandable. my dad was in the air force, and - well - let's just say i have more than one mom. the military (as well as other jobs involving periods of absence, like commercial fishing) can be really tough on half of a couple - for both halves. people can have pretty severe moments of weakness, but if they are prudent those moments can be overcome. and if they can't, there is little (or no) excuse for not owning up to that in a "more mature" manner. while these situations can be incredibly complex and we can't even begin to know the whole story, cheating for months on end and throwing that in your spouse's face one day (regardless of the circumstances) is "poor" at best ...
i just wanted to add that i don't think any of us are here to judge; but we are definitely here to support. Image
"Life without passion is life without depth."~J.Hollis
my FLICKR photo sets
bnboly
Submariner

Post by bnboly »

Very well put LG!
It's not broken - it's just missing duct tape!
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

No offense meant to Sunny Side but Labor day weekend will be all about Titlow, Day Island or Sunrise.
Pinkpadigal
I've Got Gills

Post by Pinkpadigal »

I have been there and I feel your pain. Going through a divorce is stressful and what kept me sane was good friends and diving.

Looks like you have a lot of both to help you through.

Take care and you will get to the other side.
Amy Rhodes
PADI Master Instructor #183890
A-2-Z Scuba Instruction
http://www.a2zscuba.com