Tirade, Pt. 2

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Re: Tirade, Pt. 2

Post by Nwbrewer »

lizard0924 wrote:
Jenbowes wrote:If you're talking about the place with the Pupusas, it IS awesome, although it's El Salvadoran, not Mexican. Super tasty!
Could be, but I don't know about the pupusas.....I was looking for something to drink before an O2 class @ UWS and they sent me over to that place for the Jarritos orange soda. Which rocked, too.
Jenbowes wrote:For the Seattle-ish area, I also like the Taco Truck next to Northwest Sports Divers.

I've been to NWSD's shop a bunch of times and never saw the Taco Truck. Like an actual, moveable truck? I'm going over there tomorrow night (to learn all about the fabulousness of Wakatobi), and I might have to have me some Taco Truck goodness!

Completely unrelated....there is also a great little tienda next to Bubbles Below.

We now conclude the scuba shop/restaurant review portion of the program.....(Sorry for hijacking the original thread)
Liz, it's at the Shell station on the corner next to NWSD.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Sounder wrote:
Fishstiq wrote:
Mattleycrue76 wrote:Um Taco Del Mar sells a MONDO Burrito. :book:

Have you been ordering off the "Rain Man Menu" again Joe? :neener:
They call it a Mondo Burrito, but I assure you sir, it is in fact Mongo.
Sounds a lot like an exgirlfriend.
Or something an ex-girlfriend could have given me.

D(B)
gcbryan
Submariner

Post by gcbryan »

Eat at either of the two Mexican places on 148th in Burien on the way to 3 Tree. Although, the only place that has food somewhat similar to any food I've had in Mexico is the place in the little shopping center on the way to the old Edmonds Oil Dock.
scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Jenbowes wrote:I'll be YOUR minion!
Nailer99's minions: legion
Fishstiq's minions: 1 (I was one, but I felt I was underutilized...)
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
airsix
I've Got Gills

Post by airsix »

Diver_C wrote:I do like Taco Time tacos. :dontknow: They are just a basic taco, but good. The best is their hot sauce, it's awesome!
He he he. I have a little 'bin' of their hot sauce packets in my fridge.
"The place looked like a washing machine full of Josh's carharts. I was not into it." --Sockmonkey
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

scottsax wrote:
:rofl:
I guess Joe's too busy being a grumpy old man to be a proper overlord, huh?

I'm in Dallas at the moment, and now I'm off to find some tasty tex-mex. All this talk is making me hungry!
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

scottsax wrote:
Awww! Dude, I'm flattered! You can minion for me any time! You even remembered my secret code name!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Post by Pez7378 »

Nice Tirade Joe, almost as good as the last one. :angry: Seriously though, you know nothing about Mexican food. Take it from me, as the resident Mexican, if you want a burrito, you go to Burrito Time, or Burrito Bell, or Burrito Del Mar. I'm sure you've learned your lesson.

I have no doubt that as you wrote this, your "Taco Timean" finished his shift, hopped in his car, turned on the headlights......and the fog lights......then drove home, basking in the glory of his victory of arguing with flaco about his taco!
Burntchef
I've Got Gills

Post by Burntchef »

dsteding wrote:You are mistaken in assuming you can get a delicious burrito from either taco time or Taco Del Mar. Both are substandard.

You want a delicious burrito? Buy one from something that has four wheels. Seriously.
dude you live downtown dont you? you gotta hit up one of my favorites in the harbor steps "el puerco lloron" .

how can you go wrong with a place that makes the corn tortillas to order :luv: then go to precoppio for some tasty gelato.
Chin high, puffed chest, we step right to it
The choice is there ain't no choice but to pursue it

"Diving the gas is the easy part, not much to it, plenty of retards are using it safely. " jamieZ
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Post by cardiver »

I grew up in San Diego and we always stopped at http://www.el-indio.com/aboutus.htm after we went to the beach. The best taquitos that you can get!
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

mmmmmm...guacamalito sauce...mmmmmm.... I'm telling ya, it's all about Taco Town!!
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

Pez7378 wrote:Take it from me, as the resident Mexican...
Damnit Pez... when Spitman was making fun of you the other day making a musical theater reference about you being a Jet from west side story I thought "Actually since he's hispanic he's probably more like a shark" but.... A) I thought that pez as a mexican was played out B) it would have exposed me as digging musical theater... oh wait... crap!

-Eric
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog