Tirade, Pt. 2

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Tirade, Pt. 2

Post by Fishstiq »

Driving over the West Seattle Bridge yesterday (4-29-09) under a somewhat gloomy spring sky, I felt the rumbling sensation that reminds me it's time for lunch. No problem, there's a Taco Time just up ahead. I pull in to the lot, park, and head in for some delicious Mexican food. I order a beef burrito, mexifries and an ice tea, pay and get my order, and head out to my truck to enjoy my meal. This is when I realize there is a problem.

About two bites into my "burrito", I notice there are a few things missing. Things like tomato, sour cream and cheese. Hmm, cook must be having an off day. That happens to everyone, no biggie, I'll just go in and straighten things out with the TacoTimeans. I head back in, and poliely inform the cashier of the error. The cashier responds, "No sir, there is no error". Excuse me? I am mildly annoyed at this, but since I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding, I explain again.

Me- "See, I ordred a burrito, and you gave me a taco. I would like a burrito please".

TacoTimean- "Sir, that is a burrito".

Me- "No, it isn't. A burrito has meat, cheese, lettuce, sour cream and tomato, all wrapped in a tortilla. What you gave me clearly does not".

TacoTimean, pointing to the picture on the menu- "No sir, you have it backwards. A taco has all those things, a burrito is just meat and lettuce".

Alright, I'm getting angry. This is stupid. There are two basic truths about tacos and burritos that everyone knows, and so I procede to explain them to this jack@$$...

Me- "Listen, here's how it works. Burritos have more stuff in them than tacos and are bigger than tacos, that's why they have a bigger name with more letters. Also, the tortilla used in making a burrito will overlap, whereas a taco will simply be folded and maybe "pinched" at the top".

TacoTimean- "Sir, if you want a taco, we'll make you a taco".

Me- "You already made me a taco, I want a burrito. That's why I'm standing here, remember?"

TacoTimean- "Sir, that's a burrito".

Wow. I mean, just, wow. Is this guy actively seeking to piss me off? Am I on "Punk'd" or something? You can't possibly expect me to believe that this sorry excuse for food is a burrito. I know burritos, and you sir are no burrito.

Me- "Let's start over. This (gesture to taco) is a taco. That (pointing to menu picture) is a burrito. I want a burrito".

TacoTimean- "Sir, you already have a burrito. Would you like a taco?"

Me, barely containing rage- "Take the tater tots out of your ears and listen closely beanboy, here's what I want. Go in the kitchen and find a tortilla, and fill it with dead cooked cow, lettuce, sour cream, cheese and tomato. Wrap the tortilla around the rest of the food, insuring that the tortilla OVERLAPS, and bring it to me".

TacoTimean- "No problem sir, I'll get you a taco right away".

That's it. That did it, right there. This paper-hat-wearing part-time button pusher has just sprinted past the tipping point, and he's not looking back. I'm seeing red, and I can hear my heart pounding in my ears as I try to resist the urge to hop the counter and :penelope: this dude. Through the wave of anger and hate, I know I have 3 choices. #1, die on the spot from a combination heart attack/aneurism. #2, go to jail for :penelope: ing a TacoTimean. #3, get as far from this unholy madness as possible. It might have been the toughest decision of my life.

I leaned in close over the counter, put on my best stinkeye, and growled at the TacoTimean "I. HATE. YOU." Then, leaving the TACO on the counter, I turned and left.

A short time later I found myslf sitting in a Taco Del Mar, enjoying a Mongo Burrito and thinking rationally again. I pondered how it could be that a Mexican restaurant could be so far off when it comes to Mexican food. What sort of heathenistic @$$munch would create such a place? How is it that the American people have allowed such evil to exist among them, spreading taco dimentia amongst the populace? Do people really buy into this blasphemy? Don't get me wrong, tacos are great, but I wanted a burrito.

I hope that beanboy and his minions are an isolated cell, and I hope in this post I have raised awareness of the nefarious nature of these "burrito identity thieves". If it is too late though, and their meximadness has permeated society, I vow to stand as a point of light in the darkness by wich others may navigate back to sanity and sweet burrito lovin', the way the Creator intended. Sometimes if you want to stand tall, you have to stand alone.
Not just front page famous, but above the fold famous...

Waiting for your AIDS test results is no time to be thinking positive.
cardiver
I've Got Gills

Re: Tirade, Pt. 2

Post by cardiver »

Fishstiq wrote:Driving over the West Seattle Bridge yesterday (4-29-09) under a somewhat gloomy spring sky, I felt the rumbling sensation that reminds me it's time for lunch. No problem, there's a Taco Time just up ahead. I pull in to the lot, park, and head in for some delicious Mexican food. I order a beef burrito, mexifries and an ice tea, pay and get my order, and head out to my truck to enjoy my meal. This is when I realize there is a problem.

About two bites into my "burrito", I notice there are a few things missing. Things like tomato, sour cream and cheese. Hmm, cook must be having an off day. That happens to everyone, no biggie, I'll just go in and straighten things out with the TacoTimeans. I head back in, and poliely inform the cashier of the error. The cashier responds, "No sir, there is no error". Excuse me? I am mildly annoyed at this, but since I'm sure it's just a misunderstanding, I explain again.

Me- "See, I ordred a burrito, and you gave me a taco. I would like a burrito please".

Me- "No, it isn't. A burrito has meat, cheese, lettuce, sour cream and tomato, all wrapped in a tortilla. What you gave me clearly does not".

TacoTimean, pointing to the picture on the menu- "No sir, you have it backwards. A taco has all those things, a burrito is just meat and lettuce".

Alright, I'm getting angry. This is stupid. There are two basic truths about tacos and burritos that everyone knows, and so I procede to explain them to this jack@$$...

Me- "Listen, here's how it works. Burritos have more stuff in them than tacos and are bigger than tacos, that's why they have a bigger name with more letters. Also, the tortilla used in making a burrito will overlap, whereas a taco will simply be folded and maybe "pinched" at the top".

Me- "You already made me a taco, I want a burrito. That's why I'm standing here, remember?"

Wow. I mean, just, wow. Is this guy actively seeking to piss me off? Am I on "Punk'd" or something? You can't possibly expect me to believe that this sorry excuse for food is a burrito. I know burritos, and you sir are no burrito.

Me- "Let's start over. This (gesture to taco) is a taco. That (pointing to menu picture) is a burrito. I want a burrito".

Me, barely containing rage- "Take the tater tots out of your ears and listen closely beanboy, here's what I want. Go in the kitchen and find a tortilla, and fill it with dead cooked cow, lettuce, sour cream, cheese and tomato. Wrap the tortilla around the rest of the food, insuring that the tortilla OVERLAPS, and bring it to me".

That's it. That did it, right there. This paper-hat-wearing part-time button pusher has just sprinted past the tipping point, and he's not looking back. I'm seeing red, and I can hear my heart pounding in my ears as I try to resist the urge to hop the counter and :penelope: this dude. Through the wave of anger and hate, I know I have 3 choices. #1, die on the spot from a combination heart attack/aneurism. #2, go to jail for :penelope: ing a TacoTimean. #3, get as far from this unholy madness as possible. It might have been the toughest decision of my life.

I leaned in close over the counter, put on my best stinkeye, and growled at the TacoTimean "I. HATE. YOU." Then, leaving the TACO on the counter, I turned and left.

A short time later I found myslf sitting in a Taco Del Mar, enjoying a Mongo Burrito and thinking rationally again. I pondered how it could be that a Mexican restaurant could be so far off when it comes to Mexican food. What sort of heathenistic @$$munch would create such a place? How is it that the American people have allowed such evil to exist among them, spreading taco dimentia amongst the populace? Do people really buy into this blasphemy? Don't get me wrong, tacos are great, but I wanted a burrito.

I hope that beanboy and his minions are an isolated cell, and I hope in this post I have raised awareness of the nefarious nature of these "burrito identity thieves". If it is too late though, and their meximadness has permeated society, I vow to stand as a point of light in the darkness by wich others may navigate back to sanity and sweet burrito lovin', the way the Creator intended. Sometimes if you want to stand tall, you have to stand alone.
That's what Taco Time calls a "soft taco"...........Taco Time really isn't Mexican food at all.
-Ron T.
"When I'm 80 I'll take up real diving, which is done in a pub..." Ray Ives.
253-227-0856
My Dive Pics...
https://www.facebook.com/RETOPPPHOTOGRAPHY
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Uh.... dude..... "Taco" Del Mar.... you had a taco... Not a burrito.... Otherwise it would be "Burrito" Del Mar. :rolleyes:

:wedgie:
Tom Nic
I've Got Gills

Post by Tom Nic »

Yup. Your first mistake. Considering Taco Time to be Mexican food. It's all downhill from there.
More Pics Than You Have Time To Look AT
"Anyone who thinks this place is over moderated is bat-crazy anarchist." -Ben, Airsix
"Warning: No dive masters are going to be there, Just a bunch of old fat guys taking pictures of fish." -Bassman
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

defied wrote:Uh.... dude..... "Taco" Del Mar.... you had a taco... Not a burrito.... Otherwise it would be "Burrito" Del Mar. :rolleyes:

You, sir, have obviously never experienced the 3lbs of heavenly joy that is the Mongo Burrito.

scottsax
I've Got Gills

Post by scottsax »

Fishstiq wrote:Driving over the West Seattle Bridge yesterday (4-29-09) under a somewhat gloomy spring sky, I felt the rumbling sensation that reminds me it's time for lunch. No problem, there's a Taco Time just up ahead. I pull in to the lot, park, and head in for some delicious Mexican food. I order a beef burrito, mexifries and an ice tea, pay and get my order, and head out to my truck to enjoy my meal. This is when I realize there is a problem.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:goodpost:
I'm going to look like a moose on rollerskates. -airsix
... my Mom caught me fenestrating once. -lavachickie
And I get so tired of fainting and peeing all over myself when the hammer falls on an empty chamber! -Nailer

Want to know where I'm performing? Check out my Facebook fan page!
Nwbrewer
I've Got Gills

Post by Nwbrewer »

Tom Nic wrote:Yup. Your first mistake. Considering Taco Time to be Mexican food. It's all downhill from there.
This is almost right, let me fix it -
Tom Nic wrote:Yup. Your first mistake. Considering Taco Time to be food. It's all downhill from there.
"Screw "annual" service,... I get them serviced when they break." - CaptnJack (paraphrased)

"you do realize you're supposed to mix the :koolaid: with water and drink it, not snort the powder directly from the packet, right? :smt064 " - Spatman
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

Fishstiq wrote:
defied wrote:Uh.... dude..... "Taco" Del Mar.... you had a taco... Not a burrito.... Otherwise it would be "Burrito" Del Mar. :rolleyes:

You, sir, have obviously never experienced the 3lbs of heavenly joy that is the Mongo Burrito.

Yeah, I don't know why they call this awesome taco a mongo Burrito though. I mean. It's clearly a taco. Mongo Taco doesn't sound bad.

D(B)
spatman
I've Got Gills

Post by spatman »

gee, joe, do you get grouchy when your blood sugar level drops? :neener:
Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

http://www.tacotime.com/menu/burrito_classics.html

Hm...I see no lettuce/meat only options in their fine burrito selections....
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
dsteding
I've Got Gills

Post by dsteding »

You are mistaken in assuming you can get a delicious burrito from either taco time or Taco Del Mar. Both are substandard.

You want a delicious burrito? Buy one from something that has four wheels. Seriously.
Fishstiq wrote:
To clarify.........

I cannot stress enough that this is MY PROBLEM.
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

Penopolypants wrote:http://www.tacotime.com/menu/burrito_classics.html

Hm...I see no lettuce/meat only options in their fine burrito selections....
The plot thickens.....

I'm sure this misinformation is all part of their subterfuge. I will do some stealth recon with my cameraphone and post photos of the tangeable TacoTimean burrito menu choices.
dsteding wrote:You are mistaken in assuming you can get a delicious burrito from either taco time or Taco Del Mar. Both are substandard.

You want a delicious burrito? Buy one from something that has four wheels. Seriously.
Agreed. The rolling health violation is king of sweet burrito lovin'. That doesn't, IMO, make the Taco Del Mar Mongo Burrito undelicious though.

Penopolypants
NWDC Moderator
NWDC Moderator

Post by Penopolypants »

I'll second (thirded) the taco truck deliciousness, but Tacos Guaymas makes a darn fine burrito too.
Come to the nerd side, we have pi!
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Penopolypants wrote:I'll second (thirded) the taco truck deliciousness, but Tacos Guaymas makes a darn fine burrito too.
In Tucson, AZ (where I grew up), there is a buritto place every block... like teryaki and Starbucks places here. THAT is where you get the superior burrito. The best place is "Nico's." Ironically, it is called "Nico's Taco Shop" too... yet known for having the best burritos this side of the border!!
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Marc
Extreme Diving Machine

Post by Marc »

I seem to have the same issue in this town when I order a coffee.... Not a cappuchino, no latte.... no carmelwussiato..... I WANT COFFEE!!!!

And a fajita.....
Reporter: "The helmet has a special meaning for many drivers. How important is it to you?"

Raikkonen: "It protects my head."
defied
I've Got Gills

Post by defied »

When I was stationed in San Diego, I had a little apartment a half block away from Imperial Beach on Daisy Avenue. Down about two blocks there was a 7-11, and their storage closet was rented out to a Mexican taco stand. They had a kitchen and everything back there. It was wild! Anyways, they got me hooked on the true Carne Asada Burrito. I have not had a burrito like it unless I've made it myself, since then. Unfortunately I americanized it by adding cheee and sour cream... oooooohhh durty!

I just put on 8 lbs thinking about it.

D(B)
Paulicarp
Aquanaut

Post by Paulicarp »

lizard0924
Submariner

Post by lizard0924 »

Paulicarp wrote:NOTHING beats Taco Town - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWu-gqoMUn0
I dunno.....there is this AWESOME little mexican place next to the Kirkland Underwater Sports store. It is three or four doors down and they have amazing, authentic food. Even though they are located in a strip mall (gasp), their food is as good as the roving burrito truck that cruises around Redmond on the weekends.
Liz

www.lizsundquist.com

Holy cow! I'm the Godzilla of the underworld, apparently. ~ JenBowes
I'm going to tie my spool off on your manifold and ride you like a manatee! ~ Scottsax
Lundy will forever be known as The Guy Touching Richard's Thong. ~ Spatman
Diver_C
Amphibian

Post by Diver_C »

I do like Taco Time tacos. :dontknow: They are just a basic taco, but good. The best is their hot sauce, it's awesome!
Mattleycrue76
I've Got Gills

Post by Mattleycrue76 »

Fishstiq wrote:

Um Taco Del Mar sells a MONDO Burrito. :book:

Have you been ordering off the "Rain Man Menu" again Joe? :neener:
"The She-Ps didn't work for either one of us, however- we accidently glued one to Dan's cat, and the other one ended up in a DEA evidence locker somehow." - Joshua Smith
Fishstiq
Amphibian

Post by Fishstiq »

Mattleycrue76 wrote:Um Taco Del Mar sells a MONDO Burrito. :book:

They call it a Mondo Burrito, but I assure you sir, it is in fact Mongo.

Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

Fishstiq wrote:
Mattleycrue76 wrote:Um Taco Del Mar sells a MONDO Burrito. :book:

They call it a Mondo Burrito, but I assure you sir, it is in fact Mongo.
Sounds a lot like an exgirlfriend.
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
Jenbowes
Amphibian

Post by Jenbowes »

lizard0924 wrote:
Paulicarp wrote:NOTHING beats Taco Town - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWu-gqoMUn0
I dunno.....there is this AWESOME little mexican place next to the Kirkland Underwater Sports store. It is three or four doors down and they have amazing, authentic food. Even though they are located in a strip mall (gasp), their food is as good as the roving burrito truck that cruises around Redmond on the weekends.
If you're talking about the place with the Pupusas, it IS awesome, although it's El Salvadoran, not Mexican. Super tasty!

For the Seattle-ish area, I also like the Taco Truck next to Northwest Sports Divers.

But, for home, it's the taco truck located in Olympia, on Harrison, just across from Mud Bay Grainery. Yuuuummers! There are a group of those trucks around town, but that one specifically is on my way home. Also cool about that place, there's a Mexican Tienda in the strip shops in the same parking lot, where one can purchase lots of Mexican stuff (pastries, galetas, etc) for super cheap.

Mmmm.

OH, and Fishstiq, I'm sorry for your experience, and I stand with you! I'll be YOUR minion!
:partyman: This is my favorite smiley!!

CAKE IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS
Sockmonkey
I've Got Gills

Post by Sockmonkey »

Are we talking about the taco time on Alki? Joe... given your history of bad retail experiences in West Seattle I suggest not spending money anywhere near there ever again.

-Eric
"I used to do this for fun, but now, I do it for nothing" -Not Joshua Smith

:eric: Hawaiian Seamonkey Blog
lizard0924
Submariner

Post by lizard0924 »

Jenbowes wrote:If you're talking about the place with the Pupusas, it IS awesome, although it's El Salvadoran, not Mexican. Super tasty!
Could be, but I don't know about the pupusas.....I was looking for something to drink before an O2 class @ UWS and they sent me over to that place for the Jarritos orange soda. Which rocked, too.
Jenbowes wrote:For the Seattle-ish area, I also like the Taco Truck next to Northwest Sports Divers.

I've been to NWSD's shop a bunch of times and never saw the Taco Truck. Like an actual, moveable truck? I'm going over there tomorrow night (to learn all about the fabulousness of Wakatobi), and I might have to have me some Taco Truck goodness!

Completely unrelated....there is also a great little tienda next to Bubbles Below.

We now conclude the scuba shop/restaurant review portion of the program.....(Sorry for hijacking the original thread)
Liz

www.lizsundquist.com

Holy cow! I'm the Godzilla of the underworld, apparently. ~ JenBowes
I'm going to tie my spool off on your manifold and ride you like a manatee! ~ Scottsax
Lundy will forever be known as The Guy Touching Richard's Thong. ~ Spatman