Strange, Strange Site

This forum is for all other types of chatter, including non-SCUBA stuff.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Strange, Strange Site

Post by Tangfish »

I know you guys love all of my strange avatars, so I will direct you to a really strange site I came across today:

Infants-Blood

Who comes up with these things? :pale:
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

:pale:
Who run barter town?
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

You think that's weird? Check THIS out!
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
Sounder
I've Got Gills

Post by Sounder »

My turn! My turn! :bounce:

How about the "International Fainting Goal Association!" This is legit folks! These goats actually fall over and appear to have fainted - and they're NOT trained to do it!!! I've seen it in person in Arizona (enter the goat jokes here)!!!

http://www.faintinggoat.com/

It's another winner among strange sites. \:D/
GUE Seattle - The official GUE Affiliate in the Northwest!
DiverDown
I've Got Gills

Post by DiverDown »

Narcolepsy is a medical condition that effects humans also.. My father suffers from this disease and I dont see the humor in it!! :angryfire:

Ha,Ha just kidding! that is pretty funny ive seen that before on teevee.. :la:
Who run barter town?
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

The congealed gift pack looks pretty tasty and Christmas is just around the corner. I'm so tired of giving out booze and gift cards. :supz:

Speaking of fainting goats, I have an acquaintance that has narcolepsy AND sleep apnea. So when he unexpectedly falls asleep he sometimes stops breathing! :pale:
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

Hey Sasquatch...

Do you ever wonder about people like that?... Like something is trying to tell them something?

Ok you SAID he was just an aquaintance so I hope I didn't offend...

Cheers,

Holly
"Well I, I wont go down by myself, but I'll go down with my friends!"
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

No, Holly, you didn't offend. I left out that I dive with this guy every once in a while. So far he hasn't fallen asleep while underwater and/or stopped breathing. I don't recall these maladies on the Medical Checklist I signed before training... :book:
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

You think he would need oxygen if that happened? You should let me know when you dive with him again.. That way if he does fall asleep and then stop breathing he'll have the both of us as a team again!! Course I think that might require CPR and I haven't got that one yet...
Sasquatch
Compulsive Diver

Post by Sasquatch »

Hey, O2 couldn't hurt him! You mentioned CPR and after our O2 class I took the Red Cross Adult CPR/AED class. Just so you know I'm sure you are almost as qualified to administer CPR after taking the O2 class. The only things I learned were detailed symptoms and how many cycles of CPR before checking for life. BTW, it's 4.:smt064

The AED class was pretty cool as you get to shout at people before you shock your victim.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

Sasquatch wrote: The AED class was pretty cool as you get to shout at people before you shock your victim.
If that's you in your avatar, you wouldn't need to shout to shock me :evil4:
BASSMAN
I've Got Gills

Post by BASSMAN »

Last edited by BASSMAN on Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tangfish
NWDC Mascot
NWDC Mascot

Post by Tangfish »

diver-dad
Compulsive Diver

Re: Strange, Strange Site

Post by diver-dad »

Calvin Tang wrote:I know you guys love all of my strange avatars, so I will direct you to a really strange site I came across today:

Infants-Blood

Who comes up with these things? :pale:
:salute:

Cal -

Two comments:
1. For me, you hands-down win the award for the most bizarre avatars of anyone in the NWDC. (Where DO you get that stuff?!?!?!)

2. Man, that "infants blood" web page is just plain wrong! :la:
- DD

"Always do right -- this will gratify some and astonish the rest."
-Mark Twain
Joshua Smith
I've Got Gills

Post by Joshua Smith »

What's wrong with his avatars?
Maritime Documentation Society

"To venture into the terrible loneliness, one must have something greater than greed. Love. One needs love for life, for intrigue, for mystery."
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

Nailer.. Your avatars are almost as bad. That clown one you had still gives me nightmares. But Calvin's avatars win the weirdest award hands down.. That guy's teeth OMG. That is so jacked! :vom:
Pez7378
I've Got Gills

Great disclaimer!

Post by Pez7378 »

Persons with any of the following conditions should consult a physician before using this product: diabetes, heart conditions, congenital internal organ deformities, congenital genital deformities, halitosis, dry flaky scalp, high blood pressure, low blood pressure, no blood pressure, high cholesterol, low cholesterol, no cholesterol, stuttering, sneezing, coughing, leprosy, gangrene, scurvy, untrimmed toenails, dirty hands, dirty minds, nasal congestion, fruit fly infestation, tapeworm, road rash, scabies, rabies, heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, bestiality, bulimia, depression, manic depression, obsessive compulsion, Tourette's Syndrome, undiagnosed medical conditions of any nature, amenorrhea, diarrhea, constipation, rashes, eyestrain, back pain, chest pain, numbness, fleas, ticks, other internal parasites, hydrophobia, agoraphobia, arachnophobia, phobia of blood, phobia of infants, phobia of virgins, phobia of plastic food-packaging cups, homophobia, heterophobia, xenophobia, the heebie-jeebies, the jitters, the skitters, the runs, the blues, the shivers, the beat, butterflies in the stomach, tears in the eyes, spring fever, senioritis, midlife crisis, the common cold, the flu, the measles, the mumps, rubella, tetanus, lockjaw, hand and mouth disease, hand, foot, and mouth disease, mad cow disease, Creutzfelt Jacob Disease (CJD), conjunctivitis, pink-eye, bleeding gums, hemmerhoids, cold sores, canker sores, chicken pox, monkeypox, shingles, vitamin E deficiency, vitamin C deficiency, low blood sugar, gambling addiction, addiction to illegal drugs, addiction to prescription drugs. This product may or may not contribute to the development of the aforementioned conditions in certain individuals.
GillyWeed
Submariner

Post by GillyWeed »

Pez... That leaves me out.. I was ok until the "dirty minds and rabies" Oh well..